cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with transfering one vendor from R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's,

Please can I have your help. I'm having problems transferring a vendor from R3 to SRM. SRM version we are using is SRM 4. On the R3 system this particular vendor is setup in the purchasing organisation within xk01.

I've tried making changes to this venoor in R3 and running the BBP_VENDOR_SYNC program. In the SGL1 No vendors exist to be updated. I have also tried to transfer using the following program bbpupdvd, i get the following message no vendors exist for the specified backend and interval.

I've also checked the venmap table in SRM. The vendor doesn't exist. Can someone please help.

Thanks in advance

Nothappy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I missed that ... I will take a look and thanks again for you help, it was much appreciated.

Nothappy

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not happy..

BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB run this report for particular vendor

run this report definetly makes you very happy . you must get .if still not happy with this report us know..

What type of vendor ?

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for you speedy reply.

I've run report BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB but no luck.. I get the following "Error carrying out job. Execute program directly".. I have run this successfully in QAS and managed to update a vendor record.

Do you have any other ideas?

Not happy

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the error you get in SLG1.

Did you succeed in anothe renvironment?

are you checking in VENMAP table?

what type of vendor it was VN or OA ?

are you giving correct vendor organisation number ? or you selecting correct logical system?

are you puting correct Purchase organisation in ECC and filtering in bbpget vd with same pur org.

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathu,

Thank you for you help

In answering your questions there is no error in SLG1 when running BBP_VENDOR_UPDATE_DATA_JOB

Yes I did successfully run in our qas environment with a different vendor.. You can see that the vendor in question transfers in the SLG1 log in hte qas environent.

Yes I have checked the VENMAP table for the vendor number in question and there is no entry.

Yes I'm definately giving the correct organisation number and the logical system is correct as I've tested the connection in sm59.

Yes the purchase organisation is correct, which I've also compared the field ekorg in the r3 table LFM1 to all of our other vendors. We've only got one purchase organisation in our system.

I'm not sure how I can check the vendor type. .Can you please let me know.

Thank you again - nothappy

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

m.

how do you get in one environment successfully and another envt not success.

slg1 - must be some clues or data issue.

both environment service pack same?

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try BBPGETVD transaction? If it is a new vendor in SRM, this transaction should replicate the vendor.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, yes I did run transation BBPGETVD and got the following " All R/3 descriptions are already assigned in the system" , however in table venmap there was entry for that particular vendor.

In the end I managed to solve the issue by replicatig this vendor into another company code. I ran the usual update program BBP_VENDOR_SYNC that we use and the vendor transferred.

Thank you all for you help as much appreciated.

Nothappy

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it is due to your number range over lapping . double check your BUCF transaction

interanl and external number range. many threads tell resolution to your error message.

muthu