cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Not to syndicate checkout records..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i am doing syndication, i am also getting checked out records in the syndicated file, but my requirement is only to get checked-in records only....... can any one help or faced similar problem and how to resolve it. i also tried this: i created a role syndicator with no functions/previllages to checkin/checkout, and tried manual syndication with this role, still iam getting checkout records.....but i only need to get checkin records..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

As far as i know checked out records wil be greyed out and will not be syndicated out of MDM. Please check once again.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pramod,

when i open syndication manager, the checked out records are not greyed out, and when i syndicate, the checkout records are also getting syndicated, any suggestions, what i might be doing wrong. thanks for quick reply

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think You can easily control syndication of Check out records by specifying an expression for filter criteria using freeform search.

to do so, open your syndicator and open your syndication Map.

Now specify criteria to filter out checked out records using Freeform Search as follows:

1. Select operator for "Expression" field in the Free Form Search as "is False".

2. Double click on the value field. it will open an expression editor. Click on "Fields" List and select "IS CHECKOUT VERSION". click ok to terminate expression editor.

Now in syndicator you will see checkout records will be filtered out..

Please let me know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks shiv, it solved my problem

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is similar enchanced question or requirement

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per my understanding you have to write that expression suggessted by SHIV for all user

or may be in console you have to do the updation for user and in their respective roles for syndication for check in records only. verify the privilages given to particular user.

with MDM 7.1 SP05 through MDM webservice customization in syndication is possible.

Hope it helps

Deep

Edited by: Deepak Gupta on Jul 9, 2010 5:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for you reply, i will explan my situation.

we have automated the syndication, ie its done by user SYNDICATE_ADMIN. we need to only syndicate only records which are checkin , if any record is checked out by any user, it should not come in syndicated file. i used the soluton given by shiv, by doing that , i can only restrict the records which are checkout by syndicate_admin.

it would be great if any one can help my situation........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

Just try with User Admin that has all the priviliges.May be then with using taht expression you can hide all the checkout records.

Just try.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried using the Admin, i could only restrict record checkout by admin..... any other solution? thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is the checked out state used during a workflow? So the workflow owner sees all the records used in it.

Another Proposal would be to add a new field called "syndication status" of type lookup flat and adding an assignment step bbefore checking in therecords. maybe called "ready to export"

In the syndication map, you do a filtering on this filed with the specific value.

Regards

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes carsten, we used checkout while importing the records and in workflow,as well as users can also checkout the records which they are working on or if they don't want to send it to downstream systems.

we have the option as syndicate ready, for the records, but there is parent children relationship, if parent is sydicate ready, child can be on status syndicated or syndicate ready, how to filter the search to accept both values ie syndicate ready and Syndicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes, checkout record also have the status of syndicate ready,we don't want to send whose records...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

There are too many conditions you have in the requirements.

I would prefer to syndicate the records via MDM workflow which will have steps like Validate/ Assign and process to apply and check for the conditions as required.

Also in the syndicate step the port/map assigned will have the expression to suppress syndication for any checked out records.

This way all the records syndicated from MDM will be governed by a workflow and pertain to same User/role.

Hope this meets the requirement- Ravi

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Did you find any solution, How did you handled the Problem at your end.?

please let me know.

Thanks

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still looking for answers/resolution.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find any solution??

KR

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

No John, we haven't figured out the solution for this case, any help will be appreciated...

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I think using MDM workflow, you can do it.

I mean if the record is checkout by user itself in this case that record would be editable and have yellow color sign under check out column and if that record is checked out by any other user in that case again you can come to know that this record is checked out under checkout column but this time only read able record. So i mean any user can come to know in data manager which records are checked out and which are not irrespective of any user and thus in this way can send records which are not checked out to syndicate step and thus can have syndicated records without checkout status only.

MDM workflow:

Start(1)>Process(2)>Approve(3)->Syndicate(4)>Stop(5)

Explanation: Once your work flow starts on (Record Add, Record Import, Record Update or Manual) it will go to step(2) Process where the assigned user will move the job to next step Approve(3) where the Approver would able to see the status of all the records (he can see the status of records, checkout or not under check out column of Data Manager), So this step 3 user will approve to next step syndicate(4) with all the non checkout records and disapprove the records with checkout back to step(2). Where step(2) user with all checked out records(Disapproved by Approve User) will again send the records to Approve(3) step once he sees that these records has been checked In. Now again the Approve step user can approve and then send to syndicate(4) step OR disapprove back to Process(2) step if records are still checkout.

I don't have installed MS-Visio to test it. So I am not sure if it really works or not, please check and revert if it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , i want to restrict the syndication of all the records checkout by all the users, here by above solution i am only able to restrcit record which are checkedout by me, not by all the users , i want solution in which i can restrict all the records to get syndicated which are checkout by all.......... Thanks for your help