cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Web Service | Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I'm having some trouble configuring a Web Service regarding authentication.

I created a remote function in SE80 and a web service with it, then I went to SOAMANAGER and configured the authentication section with the 'no authentication' option and added the user/pass in the 'ABAP Service User'.

In SICF the service is active and seams OK(the user/pass is set), but every time I try to open the WSDL in the browser I get 'A username and password are being requested by SAP Web Application Server'...

I tested the service with SOAPUI and it also requests the User/Pass for SAP, so it seams that the problem is to enter in SAP WAS and not to access the web service.

Please advice.

Thank you.

PT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand what you observed as the right way of functioning.

When you configure the authentication section in SOAMANAGER, the setup is only for the actual web services calls, not for the WSDL calls. SAP considers that you have to be logged in to get the WSDL.

With SOAPUI, if I remember correctly, you need to access the WSDL which explains the need of authentication.

A real client, using a pre defined proxy, would not need authentication for the web service call configured with 'no authentication".

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Thanks for the input...

So if I wanted to avoid the prompt of User/Password to the client what should I give to the client so that he invokes only the Web Service and not the WSDL?

I made available to the client the link generated in SOAMANAGER - 'Open WSDL document for selected binding' so that he could contact our Web Service, this is correct right?

Thanks,

PT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With this link 'Open WSDL document for selected binding', the client will only access the WSDL.

The WSDL is only needed once by the client in order to generate the client proxy.

You also will have to give the web service call URL to the client because, usually the WSDL is given from the DEV system and the web service calls are done on the production system.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Now I'm a bit confused... so the link to WSDL and the URL to the service call are not the same thing?

If this is right, where can I find the correct URL, is it the one in SE80?

Thanks again Olivier.

PT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paulot,

You are confused with the WSDL URL and the Webservice Binding URL.

WSDL URL :

This gives the description about the Interface defination for that Webservice interface and it also contains the Binding url in the SOAP Address tag . This the the url , whick will be called on consuming the webservice from external interfaces.

Binding URL:-

This is the URL , whick will be called on consuming the webservice from external interfaces.

Let me know if you ahve any questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My URL inside the WSDL file looks like this:

http://<server>:<port>/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zservice/100/zservice_s/zservice_binding

So this is the URL that the client needs to call to consume the webservice?

Thanks,

PT

Answers (0)