cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

I am facing one issue that in material master only first tax indicator is been read by the system and it is ignoring all the others. Example my first indicator is say VAT and i have set it to 0 which is no taxable. Even if transaction is CST based and indicator for it is set to 1 the system is reading first tax indicator doesn't matter for which tax tyep it is. If i change the first indicator to 0 the transaction would come up with zero and if i set it to one than the transaction would come up with 1 and read the conditoin record accordingly. Doesn't matter what is the tax type.

Pllease guide?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me give my view in this issue...

1. Check ur access sequense of the condition types VAT & CST. If they are Country/region/ Tax clas. of Customer1/Tax classification of material1..they will read the tax indicators of both customr and material masters First position...

2. So try with a new acess seq. Country/region/ Tax clas. of Customer2/Tax classification of material2 and assign to any of ur tax cond.types

Check my first reply in this link as well

Reg,

JJ

Edited by: Jagsap on Apr 27, 2010 12:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jagsap,

Thanks a lot. Your answer is absolutely correct and applicable.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

VAT or CST has no link with the material master. VAT or CST is based upon the Customer (Ship to Party) location and Plant Location. When I say location it means the Region (State), which is maintained in Customer master (General View) and Plant (Enterprise Structure).

So when you create the Sales Order, system checks the Region of Customer and Region of Delivery Plant, if both are same then VAT tax condition will apply and if both are different then CST tax condition will apply. For this purpose we maintain the Tax Classification in Customer Master --> Sales View-> Billing Tab.

The data which we maintain the Material Master is to check whether the material is applicable for tax or whetehr there is some exemption on it. there is no link for the VAT or CST.

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You misunderstood the question. There will be four condition record accroding to tax class of custoemr and material which would be say combination 11,10,01,00. since these indicators are read wroing so correct record is not getting determined.