cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for structural exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

While uploading some products data i got the following exception. Can anybody make me clear about this.

<Error ts="2010/04/26 08:54:18.214 GMT" tid="384" entry-no="4274">MDMProductDataTransmission.ProductData.ItemList.Item.InfoRecordID is mapped but not defined in the xml schema!</Error>

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Using this XML file, generate XSD Schema with the help of XML Spy or Altova and then use this XSD in XML Schema's of Console. This will resolve your Problem. Before generating XSD file make sure that your XML file is complete i mean has all the nodes, segments / fields. So in this manner your XSD has always complete segments/ fields defined.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for great replies and if we get a xml file in to ready folder whose structure dooesnt match with schema structure then will import server pick the file from ready folder? bcz i got 2 xml files in my ready and the havent picked by import server.

i checked MDIS services all are fine. Can any body clear this ?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

If we receive an xml file which is not as per the schema in ready folder MDIS picks that file and places in exception folder in StructureX sub folder. It will also create a log file in the parent exception folder.

To rsolve this you need to connect to the port using import manager manually, it will point to exception folder for that port.

In worst case if you are not able to connect to the errored xml file, delete it from the exception folders.

Best regards

Ravi Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

XML file wil be picked by import server eventhough it does not match corresponding XML schema.

In your case,check whether the user and password which are used in mdis.ini file matched with user defined in console.

If not, change user and password in mdis.ini file as per console user and restart the import server.

I hope it will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys i got it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check whether the corresponding field is defined in the XML schema or not.

I think field might not be defined in the XML schema.whenever importing is done, XML file which you import will be validated

aganist XML schema which you define in the MDM console.

Thanks,

Narendra

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We get Structural exception if the XML File mismatch the XML Schema defined in Console.

Looks like you are using Standard content for SRM MDM Catalog Scenario. Please let me know if this is correct.

If yes, then please check if the correct version of PI Content for SRM MDM Catalog is imported in the PI system. This should be as per SRM MDM Catalog Version.

Also check the log file in the exception folder and also let us know these details. It should give us some more details.

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Please check the xml schema file referred to the port used for importing data in MDM.

The field might not be defined in the schema file.

best regards

Ravi