cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP logo r/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to change to SAP logo ( waterlogo in the right side of the menu ) in SAP r/3.

Ik know you can change this in your company logo or any other logo/picture ( .gif ).

Does anyone know how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to SDN.

1) Changing the splash screen on the main menu.

First, in transaction SMW0 (SAP Web Repository), select "Binary data for WebRFC applications. The logo must be in a .gif format. From this transaction, create a new object, then choose to IMPORT. You must then specify the path to the .gif object you have saved, and select the option to TRANSFER.

Then, maintain table SSM_CUST via SM30. Change the field START_IMAGE to the name of the object you created in SMW0.

2) Changing the rippling water on the top right . The file name is 'sapalogo.bmp' and resided in the directory "SAPpcsapguithemesdefault". Looking at this file you can see how it works. Use an editor like Paint and replace each of the SAP ripple images with a morphing image of your own. Make sure the new image is the same size as the original. There are 33 images in the original but you don't need that many. One idea for a morphing image would be to take your company logo and have it build its way across the screen and then off again.

3) Changing the startup movie is even easier. Replace the file 'sapss.avi' with a short avi of your own. This file resides in the same directory as 'sapalogo.bmp'.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the welcome Raja!

Looks like you cracked it for me. Many thanks!

Rob.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread also partially answers one of my questions - where does that rippling water logo in the upper right hand corner come from.

But my further question is - where in SAP does it define to use the sapalogo.bmp file found in the themes directory?

We have a case where we want a different logo to appear on one system but have the standard logo appear on all others for our users. We were looking at placing a file on their PC's in their SAPGui directories with the different logo and then setting hte configuration within SAP to use that logo file on a specific instance only.

Anyone know where ths is configured in SAP? Or is this also something specific to the user's PC?

Thanks in advance,

Deb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps:

1. Open field directory C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\themes\HighCont

2. Rename file sapalogo to sapalogo_tmp

3. Right click on the following file and select ‘Save Target As’, save

to above directory

4. Repeat for directory C:\Program Files\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui\themes\default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank-you for the response. We had determined where the file was located on the user's PC and had created our own logo for use. We also discovered that all of our systems are currently using the default theme TRADESHOW as supplied by SAP. We realized we could place our custom logo into one of the other supplied themes and specifically use that theme on the one system where we wanted a different logo. We tested using the theme "ENJOY" and setting the SAP parameter sapgui/theme to ENJOY instead of TRADESHOW.

We also found that if desired, we can create our own custom theme and can then distribute that with our SAPGui kit. This would allow us to have a unique theme that would not be overwritten or interfere with the standard SAP themes. We could assign the theme as needed using the SAP Parameter sapgui/theme.

This satisfies our requirements for the moment and is the method we intend to use. Thank-you again for your help. (I cannot award points as I am not the original owner of this question...)

Deb Nugent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its ok

but can u tell me where exactly do we change theme