cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Tutor 2.2 Vista Switch Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have downloaded SAP Tutor 2.2 (full installation) from service market place and installed successfully. Now when i try to run the Recorder, the program starts but it gives me following error : "SAP Tutor Switch has stopped working"

Any idea what is it about?

Fizzah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JaredS
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Fizzah,

I was reviewing Note 1226040 - Limitations for SAP Tutor 2.2 and it says the following with regards to the recorder feature of SAP tutor 2.2

"SAP Tutor Recorder - All features not available

1. Record desktop option not available 2. Windows Explorer process cannot be recorded. 3. The task list does not refresh automatically on starting a new process. A new button u2018Refresh Applicationsu2019 has been added for this. On selecting this button, the applications in the task list are refreshed. This issue has been fixed in the 2.2 SP01 version 4. The options 'Set alias for Application', 'Highlight Application' and u2018Adjust Application sizeu2019 are not available. This issue has been fixed in the 2.2 SP01 version. 5. On Vista, if an administrator is logged on and the UAC is ON, then he has to run the Recorder application as well as the applications to be recorded with the u201CRun as Administratoru201D setting (i.e. right click on the exe and select u201CRun as Administratoru201D. A standard user can run the Recorder as well as all the applications normally"

Can you review the points and verify that you are starting the program correctly with the administrator feature?

Thanks,

Jared

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can download the SAP Tutor 2.2 SP03 version from the following location:

service.sap.com/swdc-> Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group -> SAP Application Components -> SAP TUTOR -> SAP Tutor 2.2 -> SAP Tutor 2.2 Patch

Execute the xSAPTutor.exe to install the 2.2 SP03 version.

If the recording still does not work,

1)Go to the below registry key (via regedit):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SimTool\Capture\Settings, then select PEHook on the right hand side pane, double click on it and change the value from 'On' to 'Off'.

2)For Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems, turn off the User Account Control (keep it at the lowest level in case of Windows 7) and restart the system.

Regards,

Kanthi Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fizzah Mustafeez: Please I search that SAP Tutor (full installation) for many places, please if you have the software or any body send to my m-a-i-l

georgealbrisi

()

g * m * a * i * l

I will apreciate.

Thx and Regards,

Jorge Rios Aramayo

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try applying patch for Tutor 2.2

Patch can be found under

service.sap.com/swdc-> Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP Application Components -> SAP TUTOR -> SAP Tutor 2.2

Refer Note1071313

Hope this helps.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu