cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i am new to webdynpro.My requirement is like below.

xxx yyy zzz ccc -

>Heading(which is not editable)(caption element)

11 22 33 44 button (add new row)(which is editable)(input field element).

which layout is best????????

And if i click button the next row will be created with edit mode.

Thanks in advance....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are looking at either a row repeater or just a normal table. (neither of these are layouts but UI elements).

Bear in mind if you want to export to Excel etc then ALV is a wonderful way to have all this done for you with minimal coding.

- Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I am looking for a normal table.becoz in this table by clicking the button the next row will be added like these...

And the layout should be like grid/flow/matrix/row which should be the best one for the requirments..

thanks...

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

have a look at some of the basic demo applications.

Look at how tables are implemented.

Tables do not have a layout (grid/flow/etc) - they have columns and cells.

your requirement as originally stated seems to indicate that you need a table or a row repeater UI element.

The layout is not important.

Although as you seem to want one - I'd use grid.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's nothing related to Layout but the property of each cell created while binding the table to some context node.

Whenever you create a table, each table column is created with a caption(Header) and an InputField(Body Row) (When binding tha table look for "standard cell editor option" and make it as inputfield from dropdown to make ur table editable b'coz by default it is TextView).

Now whatever the text you will right in the caption will be ur header(Non-editable).

and the other rows will be editable.

Regards.

Arvind