Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from SU05 to SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings, SDN members.

After applying several password conventions on ECC side we started experiencing problems working with SU05 users from our portal applications. OSS returned an answer that SU05 is not supported yet, and now we have to migrate them to SU01.

We are migrating all our authentication mechanisms to work with SU01 users, but there are several technical aspects we cannot overcome. For example, all password rules appearing in RSUSR003 list apply to SU01 users, and there is no way to overcome them, for example there is a restriction to change password only once a day, which is not really acceptable by internet users.

Another problem we are experiencing is password change. Once internet user is created in SU01 and set as "Service" in Logon Data, standard functions (SUSR_USER_CHANGE_PASSWORD_RFC) return weird messages and "INTERNAL ERROR" exceptions are thrown, and we cannot develop password change applications because of that. When we change users to "Dialog" function starts working, but setting them to "Dialog" is not an option.

Does anybody know how to migrate all SU05 users correctly, and what are the SAP standard function to user for password change?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP provides standard ways of migrating users for different solutions. For example [here|http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2005/helpdata/EN/42/ea507c35713ee0e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm] is a documentation for ERP E-commerce. I would start searching for OSS notes related to your solution. My guess is that you get an internal error because the password has been already changed that day. You can try to debug your FM. I guess that your error is returned by FM SUSR_USER_PASSWORD_STATUS_GET. Search also this forum. Similar problems have been discussed before.

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP provides standard ways of migrating users for different solutions. For example [here|http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2005/helpdata/EN/42/ea507c35713ee0e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm] is a documentation for ERP E-commerce. I would start searching for OSS notes related to your solution. My guess is that you get an internal error because the password has been already changed that day. You can try to debug your FM. I guess that your error is returned by FM SUSR_USER_PASSWORD_STATUS_GET. Search also this forum. Similar problems have been discussed before.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I have found a resolution by implementing the password change through BAPI_USER_CHANGE.

Thanks for the tip.