cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TAX sequence in customer and material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

I have a doubt about the sequencing of tax types in customer and material master record. Please help out.

Suppose I defined two tax types lets say VAT and CST and assigned indicater 0 & 1 for taxable and non taxable resepectively.

In the step IMG->Sales & Distribution->Basic functions->Taxes->Define tax determination rules I define sequence 1 for VAT and 2 for CST. Accordingly they are appearing in materail master sales distirbution view 1 as VAT first and then CST. But in customer master it is coming as CST first and then VAT. This is causiing problems with indicators in the tax determinatoin.

Can some body plesase guide how to change this sequence for the customer master?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But in customer master it is coming as CST first and then VAT

I think you were going in a wrong way. First please understand that a customer master should have only tax classifications in billing tab and for this tax classification, you should have a tax code created in FTXP which should then be assigned in VK11 for condition type MWST / UTXJ. So one customer master should not have both these combinations.

Also please note while creating sale order, system will determine tax based on delivering plant region and ship to party region.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I am taking about the indicators in the tax classification. Yes I mainatined tax code and also made condition records for it. The problem I am facting is with indicators. Like suppose vat is applicable then even if I make indicator as 0 in customer and 1 in material then at the time of sales order the indicators determined are 1 and 1 and correspondingly it is reading the tax record.

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Komal,

I think you are confusing urself with the sequences of the cond.types. It is not because of the sequence of the Tax categories that they appear in master records..

Like suppose vat is applicable then even if I make indicator as 0 in customer and 1 in material then at the time of sales order the indicators determined are 1 and 1 and correspondingly it is reading the tax record.

it is becoz of the access sequence of the condition types..as i suggested in other reply try with the new acces sequence combiantion Country/PlntRegion/Region/TaxCl2Cust/TaxCl.2Mat for any of ur tax conditon type.

say,

Country/PlntRegion/Region/TaxCl2Cust/TaxCl.2Mat for CST

and... Country/PlntRegion/Region/TaxCl1Cust/TaxCl.1Mat for VAT

Irrespective of the sequence of the tax categories in the master records, they are getting determined based on their condition records only..u can set up the sequences of the tax catgories only in OVK3 & OVK4...

Reg,

JJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

hope u have properly maintained the data in OVK1 and OVK2

kindly also assign the same into OVK3

Thanks

Mk