SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Legacy Upload Format for EMIGALL

gauravangrass
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI ,

I need to upload around 500000 records for a particular data object(ex. PARTNER) in EMIGALL .

For that i need to prepare a file in the legacy system to upload into the SAP using EMIGALL.

Question

1. What should be the format of file that is to be prepared .

FORMAT1:

LEGACY NUM BU_TYPE NAME_ORG1 NAME_LAST NAME_FIRST TEL_NUMBER

15070005 ..............2................. COUNTY .......... test1.......... abc........ 123456

This is the format of file i have received from the customer . Does it need to be converted into another format for uploading .

If yes ...is there a way by which i can convert this file into desired format to upload or i have to manually convert each record to the desired format.please help

Thanks in advance.I shall appreciate any quick help in this regard.

Regards

Gaurav

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to this [Link|http://sapwiki.cl/wiki/images/b/ba/SAP_ISU_cookbook_performance.pdf].

I hope it will be helpful to you.

Regards,

Pranaya

0 Kudos

Hi Pranya,

Thanks for the Help,

But the link i believe contains the performance document on EMIGALL and my query pertains to legacy format that i need to upload.

Can you please guide me how do i convert the format i have shown in my first query to the desired format for uploading via EMIGALL.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gaurav

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

Within transaction EMIGALL go to menu item "IS-U migration: User Handbook".

The User Handbook describes the file layout under

General information

Sequential Import Files

After setting-up a migration object a sample file layout can be found via menu item "Utilities: Structure display: Display customer structure" and within the next screen pressing button "Import File Layout".

Yep

Jürgen