cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How useful is RF Monitor LRF1? Not using the RF user queue as designed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for more information on SAP's RF Monitor (LRF1) and wondering if people find it very useful. Specifically, I am wondering if there are any good white papers or examples out there that describe the use of the RF user queue and RF Monitor with detailed examples and screen shots.

In our custom RF solution, users do not manually create TOs and work is not assigned to individual forklift operators on a TO by TO basis. All of our outbound delivery picking and inbound delivery put away is driven by shipment or outbound/inbound delivery number. Today, operators go to the shipping office to pick-up the next shipment (clipboard of paperwork) to be loaded/unloaded, they complete the loading of the truck or railcar and then return to the office to get paperwork for the next load. Users never need to worry about the intricacies of creating TOs (at least for "happy path" scenarios). When loading (picking) and unloading (put away), the associate simply enters the shipment and delivery number and as handling units are scanned, the TOs are automatically created and confirmed. We use full-screen vehicle mounted terminals that show quite a bit of detail (e.g., all delivery line items to be loaded and all HUs to be unloaded).

However, we want to look at options for "pushing" the work to associates by pre-assigning deliveries by USER ID in a more paperless fashion. We have some thoughts on how to do this by enhancing our current custom solution.

But at the same time, I am now more curious how other SAP customers are using the RF queue and RF monitor to assign work out to their operators. Doing this at the TO level seems tedious but I would like to better understand this paradigm.

Our RF solution (LM00 screens) is all custom and was designed with the help of an outside consultant. In our solution, transfer orders are created by BDCs and BAPIs so users do not need to worry about TO intricacies. We do not use the RF Queue as originally designed to assign or balance work (i.e., to assign TOs) to individual forklift operators. Although we have many SAP warehouses, all users are assigned to WH 101 in LRFMD and the WH is never changed. Instead, we have a custom table that tracks the user's LM00 logon parameters (Plant, WH, storage location, device type).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

LRF1 is used to monitor the queues of warehouse person.Warehouse supersvisor can drag & drop the transfer orders from one queue to other as per the load condition , user absence.Also we can change the priority of the TO's in respective queues as per requirement.

We can navigate from the queue of transfer orders to display transfer orders.

If we include system guided as well as interleaving transaction on log on pad then we can use LRF1 effectively.

I designed this LRF1 to use this transaction for basic functions.

Regards,

PRashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prashant,

Thanks for your reply.

So in your solution, are the transfer orders created ahead of time by the warehouse supervisor using LT03 (or VL02N subsequent functions > create TO)? Does the supervisor look at all of the shipments/deliveries that are to be picked for the day and create the TOs ahead of time and then assign the TOs to the operators using LRF1?

In our solution, we don't manually create Transfer Orders prior to the picking of our shipments. Instead, our custom RF transactions create the transfer orders automatically as the handling units are scanned during the picking process. The program calls LT03/LT12 to transfer the HU from the bin to the delivery. So, the forklift operator just sees the delivery line items on his screen, he goes to the bin where the material is stored and scans the HU - the TOs are automatically created to pick the HU. The operator knows nothing about transfer orders - he never looks at a TO.

So I am trying to better understand the business process and work flow with the paradigm you are describing. I would love to see some documentation with real life examples.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I designed solution (Prototypes) for the client with storage unit management.Due to some reason this Project was parked for some time.

To's were created for

1.Goods Receipt

2.Posting Change notice

3.Picking

I set background job for TR to TO & PCN to TO. So TO's were created automatically & assigned to RF queues.

In LRF1! you could look these TO's .

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob:

Not sure if you ever got an answer to your question. Based on the scenario you've described I'm not sure that the standard SAP RF Monitor transaction would be terribly useful for you due to the way your company creates its TO's. If I'm understanding you correctly, the TO's are essentially created and confirmed simultaneously (assuming 1-step picking and 1-step confirmation)? It almost seems like there's some implied step or information given to the material handlers to know what bin to go to based on the material number. If you create the TO ahead of time, it allocates bin-level stocks to the TO, so perhaps your firm wanted to not do that and instead let the pickers choose among bins to pick from?

I've worked at clients that have used the standard LRF1 transaction to assign or balance workload and/or reassign resources in the warehouse. I've also seen a custom solution that basically copied all open TO's into a z-table along with the route information so that workers could assign themselves work based on route. The RF transaction to pick TO's from also showed the number of line items in the TO so the worker knew what they were getting into ahead of time. Either way the customers expressed that they liked the functionality and ability to see workload

But in all cases we were running under the assumption that the TO's were created ahead of time in picking waves. How are you managing this process today? Since the workers are going off of delivery information only, do they see basically the same information displayed on VL06O?

Answers (0)