cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IB52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I add non-sap components to IBASE? I am implementing support desk for non-sap components and sap components. I know how to get the data for SAP systems. How can I get the other systems (servers, laptops, mobile phones etc) to the IBASE? Is there a way I can do this?

Please help...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain your scenario. We have implemented service desk for non SAP components(IT). I may be of help for your requirement. However we have not used the I-Base for this.Please give in more details.

regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

We were thinking of adding the systems / products to SMSY and then transfer the Ibase as we do for SAP systems. Then create the organization in PPOMA_CRM, then create responsiblities in PFAC. I am not sure whether this would work though.

Could you please brief me on how to do it without the ibase? If you would, please brief me on your scenario, which I could follow.

Hi Miguel,

I can create the systems in SMSY. However, we have 1000+ items to add. I don't know how we can add them ! Is there any other way to add them other than adding them manually?

Thanks all for your replies. Should add points..

Thanks

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have 1000+ Non-SAP systems to create in SMSY I don't know how to help you to create them automatically. I have seen that there is an option to import system landscape data from an XML in SMSY_SETUP -> system landscape -> import systems from XML file, but I don't know how the syntax of that XML goes or if it works OK for non SAP products... I think it is worth checking that import feature before commiting effort to creating 1000+ systems in SMSY manually.

Good luck with the system landscape...

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim ,

We have done a little customization to achieve this, which is possible. And let me also clarify that we haven't created the non SAP systems into the land scape.We have different transaction types and rules for the SAP support and the non SAP components.

Please let me know how do you want the support team to be determined for your scenario. If it is based on the 'system-(servers etc)' my scenario may be of some help to you.

And how the support messages are created, is it direclty in the solution manager or do you have any other means?

Our scenario is based on 'location'.(Geography- customized) and support teams are determined based on the location.

Just clarify if we can bring in some similarities with your requirement and what we implemented.

thanks

regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: Srini24 on Apr 27, 2010 3:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip Miguel. It indeed helps !

Srini.. Thanks for your replies. I had looked in to your other posts of you using SAP Components, and another sub area of using geographic locations.

--- > I am thinking of using SAP components for the support team determination for SAP systems. But I dont know how to deal with other systems (eg: laptops).

In PFAC>Container, I can copy the SAP_COMP, say - SYS_COMP. But I dont know how to get it listed in CRM_DNO1 (I mean responsibilities) tab and get it work as it works for SAP_COMP. Can you please-please guide me?

If this is not the right method, can you please advise the method you use? As you are using Components, probably you are close to what we also want to do. Appreciate your replies Srini..

---> One other point.. In the case of using SAP Components, I was thinking that you need to populate the ibase from dswp (solution). How else did you do it?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim ,

I shall brief what we have done, check if it is of help to you.

For SAP we have used the standard rule CRM_DNO_1. And the determination of the support team is based on the SAP Component(MM,SRM,PP,PM etc).And org structure

created in PPOma_crm.

Based on the component the support team is automatically determined. Hope you know about this.We have used the standard transaction type - 'SLFN'for SAP components.

Without IBASE :

For non SAP(IT Help desk), we have used the copy of the standard rule (CRM_DNO_1) and customized it. The determination is based on the location.

location is a customized partner function with fucntion category as sold to party.It is created in 'Define partner Functions'.(In your case you can Customize 'system' in

the place of location).

We have used a customized transaction type for this scenario.

We have categorized the issues on the systems into the subjects of the support message.

The organization is created in ppoma_crm.

Assigned a new number range for the transaction type.

Defined action profile and partner determination procedure etc.

e.g In your scenario if the support team determination is based on the system, then you can use the customized partner as 'System' and follow what we have done.

But what you need is a new cuctomized rule and new customized transaction type.

Another solution :with IBASE :

If you want the support team to be determined based on the non SAP System.You can also create your systems in IB52 under the installed base 1.

Enter all the system names in the description and leave the installation number empty.(As a test you can just create one system and check).

For each non SAP component you get one component number generated by the system.

Select the component and follow the path Goto-> partner and assign the support team number here.(Before doing this complete the organization structure for the support desk).

In this case you may not require any rule for the support team determination.

Even in this case it is suggested to go for a customized transaction type for non SAP Components.

Please check if this is of help.

thanks

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas.. Thanks a TON ! I need to study your message, try to see if we can do it the same way. We dont have locations, so I am thinking of having the support team determination done on components itself. In that case, I may need to create custom components. Also, I may need to feed the systems to the Ibase. that way when the component is selected by the helpdesk personnel, he can enter the system per se.

You are so helpful. Many thanks for your inputs.

Miguel, thanks to u too...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Too much to ask after you have provided such a lot of help..

Can I use Components instead of systems? So, the helpdesk can select a specific component - say - Z_NETWORK_LAN for network issues. Could you please advise how I can create a new component, if you are aware of ?

Thankzzzzzz

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> For non SAP(IT Help desk), we have used the copy of the standard rule (CRM_DNO_1) and customized it. The determination is based on the location.

> location is a customized partner function with fucntion category as sold to party.It is created in 'Define partner Functions'.(In your case you can Customize 'system' in

> the place of location).

> We have used a customized transaction type for this scenario.

Hi Srini,

Can you please help me understand how you have done this?

I have copied CRM_DNO_1 now to a custome component

I have gone to SPRO to "determine partner functions". I can see the "sold to party" - to what should I assign it to? If I have to assign to a specific scenario, can you please explain this to me?

I have also tried your other solution. I have created new entries in the iBase and assigned to the sold-to-party. But, when I try to create a message (NOTIF_CREATE), I dont see this new entry in the iBASE. Could you please let me know if I am missing any step here?

Thanks !!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the delay in my response, was away for some time. I have seen your other posts for SAP.

I assume that you are using separate transaction types for SAP and non SAP components. Then only the below process will be of help to you.

First I would suggest you to use the process using the I-base. The other process may seem to be lengthy.

I hope that you have created a customized trasaction type similar to 'SLFN' for non SAP Components.Suppose that your customized transaction type is 'ZLFN' for Non SAP Components

1.Create a New I-Base in IB51 for non SAP Components for I-Base category 01, with name - (e.g)Non SAP.(System generates a new number for IBase).

2. Enter the non SAP components as I-Base components in the 'text' tab in the transaction IB52 with item & sort string incrementing from 01 and description with your non SAP Component Server1 , server2 ,etc. And save. Each component will have a number assigned now.

3. Select each component and goto edit->partner-> and enter the support team responsible.(Reference bp from your Organization model).

4.In the partner determination procedure for your transaction type, select the support team Access Sequence as 'Determination via I base/ Individual object from ref obj set' & Determination time - " When Saving".

Characteristic group - Dependency : Influence.

5.To test select the transaction type 'CRMD_ORDER' for your transaction type ('ZLFN'). In the input all the paramenters in the screen and select the i-base and ibase component and save it. Then the system will determine the support team from your I-Base.

Please test this scenario. It should work for your non-SAP.

For SAP, the determination is based on the standard rule. Hence do not club both these requirements.

And these components will not be visible in notif_create as this transaction is generally used for SAP related issues and the components are created from I Base and Landscape with the SAP component in selection. However we can bring those I-Base into Notif_create, but not advisable.

Just let me know if this is working fine for you .

Thanks & regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srini, you were so helpful!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you define in SMSY the non SAP systems, the Ibase for these systems should be generated automatically.

Have you succeeded in defining the non SAP systems in SMSY?

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ