cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete extra inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We occasionally have users that accidently create more than one inbound delivery for a standard PO and after the second delivery has been completely received (GM status = "C"), we cannot delete the first inbound delivery. In this scenario, the first inbound delivery was never packed or received.

We are using warehouse management and handling unit managed storage locations.

How can we get these extraneous deliveries deleted? Is there a corrective report that can be used to delete obsolete inbound deliveries for handling unit managed locations?

The message we get when trying to delete the delivery is "Item 10 cannot be deleted (GM status)".

More Detail:

1. PO confirmation control key is 0004 Inbound Delivery.

2. User creates inbound delivery for PO item using MIGO. Delivery is not packed, it is not put away and it is not received.

3. User creates a second inbound delivery for the same PO item using MIGO. The user then packs the inbound delivery into handling units via VL32N.

4. Transfer Order is created to put away handling units and the GR is posted for the second inbound delivery.

5. User discovers the first inbound delivery that is now obsolete. But when he tries to delete the delivery via VL32N, he gets the error, "Item 10 cannot be deleted (GM status)". Again, this delivery was never packed or received, i.e., put away and WM statuses are "A" "A".

I read SAP Note 570991 describing a corrective report but the note says it cannot be used for handling unit managed storage locations.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to check the EKES table for the inbound deliveries.

Usually, the VL111 error is due to that EKES-DABMG is equal to EKES-MENGE.

BTW: are you using IS-A?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harry,

Yes, in table EKES, the Quantity (DABMG) does equal the Quantity Reduced (MENGE) for the obsolete delivery that we want to delete.

Each of the PO line items reference two inbound deliveries. The delivery that was fully received for the three line items (GM status = C) has MENGE equal to zero.

Do we need to somehow correct these values before the delivery can be deleted, using some kind of corrective report? Or, do we just have to live with these obsolete deliveries in the system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And no, we are not using IS-A.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I sent a message to SAP and the answer I got was that these inbound deliveries can only be deleted manually using debugging (bypass message error message VL111: "Item 10 cannot be deleted (GM status)".

To prevent users from creating these extraneous inbound deliveries in the future, correction note 1417723 is available. When users try to create additional inbound deliveries after the full PO quantity is satisfied, message ME161 "Notified quantity exceeds quantity ordered & &u201D shoulld be displayed. However, it is not in our ECC 6.0 system. The note is in support stack 17.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rob-This is a weird scenario, if you see that on the status overview tab everything is "A" you should be able to simply delete the delivery.If there is a different status then the follown action needs to be taken.