cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service desk for non-sap (please - any inputs are welcome)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,,

I know how to setup service desk for SAP use. Can some one provide me some tips on using solution manager - service desk for non-sap as well? eg: the company wants to use service desk for normal activities as well, as laptop not working, server down, other system issues etc.

The questions I have are -

1) Any specific structure to be created for the non-sap? The way we use in SAP specific environment is to use "SAP Components" while creating tickets. How can we create tickets for non-sap components? What will be the "responsibility" selection?

2) How about the Ibase? For SAP, the ibase already have the data from SMSY. How can I get data for non-sap systems? Anything is SAP to keep the Asset management data (like entries of laptops, servers etc)

Thanks for all the suggestions !!

JZKALH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.

I can see threads in sdn showing me the people who are doing service desk without using the XT. From what I have read in the 3 links you have sent, the XT will provide me some best practices, reporting and more over integration to other help desk tools. How can it resolve the issue on using NON-SAP systems is not explained anywhere.

Please can you let me know if you have used XT for this purpose? what benefit does it really give you? Can I do this without XT?

technically, if i can have non-sap systems added to the ibase, i would be able to do this. but, how can i add non-sap systems to the ibase?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

XT is the license to use. You do not get any additional software, best practices or special documents for it. If you are on EHP1, you can use the same system without any add ons to configure service desk for non-SAP.

To get the systems to the iBase, you may need to add them to your landscape first. Also, check out SPRO, where you have options to create IBASE compts.

As what I have heard, they will be soon stopping the term XT, that means no more XT licensing. They will have CRM related licensing for using service desk. You may need to talk to your SAP account exec for more details.

Thanks,

Mehfil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mehfil.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to go for service desk XT which is the extension of service desk to manage non sap or IT incidents

Check below link

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/_solutionmanager

Heterogeous system environments are a challenge for IT-service management in any company. The associated complex structures and varying forms of media often make it difficult to realize efficient service processes. With SAP Solution Manager Service Desk - Extended Usage (Service Desk XT), SAP offers a centralized support tool as a single point of access - for service requests and problem tickets related to SAP and non-SAP software.

The Single Point of Access for Support

SAP Solution Manager, which is a standard part of every SAP solution and therefore can be used by all SAP customers, supports users in SAP relevant service requests. The standard function of the service desk is restricted to service requests.

With Service Desk XT, SAP provides an extended support tool, which can be also used for general service requests, for example regarding IT or telecommunication equipment.

This priced add-on does not require additional interfaces to third-party products - the same service requests are used for SAP and non-SAP applications. This simplification is a benefit for your employees.

This solution has been created with IT service providers in mind, especially those which work within a company and currently do not have an IT-service desk application in place or would like to replace an existing system.

Also,

check this link

pg(46)

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000147532009E

Pg 52 onwards

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000059742008E

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700000548652007E

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar