cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System does not restrict material movement to some storage types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I have a strange problem, I have created a new storage type and have mapped it with all preceding configs. and indicators in MMR. My issue is when I perform stock transfer via LT10 system restricts the movement to some storage types but allows moving the material to some storage types. Can some one please help and let me know why this is happening?

Scenario is : Material A received in receiving area " A" moved to new storage type"ABC" and later consumed. Thus I want to restrict this material from being moved to any other storage type.

My storage type & Section search allows Putaway and removal in the same storage type "ABC" & section "XYZ". After investigation I have observed that the storage types which the system allows moving to are storage types used for "Staging" materials on shop floor or " Repacking" storage types. These storage types are not included in storage type search any where. I want to know the link - HOW system allows movement of material when these storage types are not involed in search strategy.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by: Jack S on Apr 26, 2010 10:11 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The storage type and storage section search is only used for guided putaway with the system determining the storage type and section where an item has to be putaway. However, this doesn't restrict the item to be placed in a bin (manually entering) with storage type/section not in the storage type/section search.

What could be restricting the putaway in some of the storage types/sections might be the storage section check (activated on storage types). The storage section check can be configured to block the placement of an item in some storage types/section.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Swagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swagat,

Thank you for your response, what I am still not getting is - even in manual transfers via LT10 shouldn't the system restrict the movements to certain storage types? If you think from the shopfloor perspective the WM material movements are done at WM level only - meaning moving materials from one storage type to another and LT10 is widely used as it is one step tcode.

I know we can restrict movements when storage class is assigned in search strategy, but this applies only to hazardous materials. The material in question is not hazardous so I am still thinking if there is any way to restrict material movements.

Do you have any documentation link which mentions search strategies are not taken into consideration during manual transfer? If yes please send that would be helpful.

Once again thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the putaway strategy yo uare using.LT10 definately takes the strategy into consideration.

There is a lot to look into liek the putaway strategy,special movement indicator in material etc... before we can assume why the material was moved to few storage types and not moved to few.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I performed series of testing and identified the system ONLY allows putaway for materials to storage type/s which have no storage section search defined and mixed storage allowed via LT10.

Which ever storage types had storage section search defined and did not match the section search sequence given via putaway indicators gave error.

Thanks for your time and inputs which helped me look into the correct direction.

Answers (0)