cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data printed twice on the next page in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I ahve created a smartform where I print the header details at the start and then below that details for all line items for a particular document.

so i have data ;ike :

Header data :

field 1 : field 2:

Field3 : field4:

field5: field6:

Item data :

field1 field2 field3 field4 --> Item 1

field1 field2 field3 field4 -->Item 2

-

-

-

-

-

field 1 field2 field3 field4 -->Item3

For the Header data,I use a template in a secondary window.

However for the item data,i use a table in MAIN window (As i know the no of records only at runtime).Also another reason for usng table would be that I dont need the header on each flloowing page but only the Line item details on the following pages.

Now i have created a second page with only the MAIN window from the First page as I need only the remaining line item details to be continued/printed on the following pages.I have actually copied the MIAN WINDOW from the first page to the second page adjusting only the uppe rand left margin.

However now when i see the rpint preview.the 1st page data,is printed corrrectly.however on the 2nd page,the 1st record is printed twice.

Can anyone explan why is this happening?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the table where you define the line type, there is one check box 'No page Break'.

Can you please check that for your line type? Hope it will work.

satyajit_mohapatra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems like some problem is there with the table node and rest is fine. Kindly check whether the text elements are under MAIN area of TABLE node and not in HEADER of table node. Uncheck any unnecessary checked options in the table node and test.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any advice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't use main window in second page. Use Secondary Window and place your text/table that needs to printed.

And in First Page,put a command line to go to second page.

This can be done by:

right click Main Window->create -> Program->Command Lines

Here you can find a option to set goto next page. There you have to choose the second page name.

Hope it will be useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

@Meghanandan,

I dont want to set any command for going to next page as I dont have any condition to go ot next page.Im setting the width of the first page main window to print sufficient data.

@satyajit

I have the text elements under the MAIN AREA.Cna you pls elborate which Points i need to check undre the table node which might have been unnnecesssarily checked?

Thanks again for your time.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

did you make sure that the MAIN window has the same name in both pages? If the name is different, then you should delete the one of page 2, and copy the MAIN window from page 1 to page 2, you'll that they will then have the same name.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the rpely.

I have copied the MAIN WINDOW from the first page to the second page.However for the MAIN WINDOW in the second page,I have changed the upper margin and height.

Also since I copied the MAIN WINDOW from the first page to the econd page,whenever I chnage the NAME of the MAIN WINDOW in the first page,nameof the MAIN WINDOW in the second page also gets changed.

ANy suggestions???

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's very good. Now you have only one main window (though margin is different on second page). You shouldn't get data printed twice.

I guess it doesn't work. Could you explain exactly how are your nodes because it's difficult to say where the issue is.

Edited by: Sandra Rossi on Apr 29, 2010 12:43 AM