Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk assignment of Backend roles to users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

We are implementing SRM on one of our client.

My question is how do we assign SRM backend roles to thousand of users because they need the same in order to access SRM Portal contents.

UME of Portal is LDAP.

We have CUA but I dont think manually assignment of roles will do.

Is there any method that a user will automatically gets backend roles once he/she is assigned to portal roles/groups?

Regards,

=Kapilendra Yadav=

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually it is the other way around - the portal groups get assigned as they are linked to the backend roles.

As it is SRM do you have your org data provisioned via attributes on the position? It is a common approach and means you only need to assign a few ABAP roles e.g. Shopping Basket Create, Shopping Basket Approve, Catalogue maintainance. If this is the case then it is easy to update via CATTs or LSMW. I'm afraid I am not aware of any way to get the ABAP roles auto provisioned based on the portal groups. There are a few others who are a bit more "hands-on" with SRM so maybe they will have a better idea.

0 Kudos

As alex said, SECAT is the best option to upload the mass data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kapilendra,

Is your SAP ABAP systems not in-sync or connected to your LDAP which feeds your SAP Portal? You could use eCATT/LSMW to make the mass assignments onto the SRM system via CUA but you are going to have a larger challenge keeping SAP backend and Portal systems in-sync with roles.

You could also connect CUA to Portal and leveage the roles as groups in UME and make the assignments there to keep this in-sync. Check out the following posts.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/84/10594aecd3e1408845e66c432b955e/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can login in to 001 client(portal) and use su10 for mass role assignment.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Apr 28, 2010 9:40 PM

<nonesense_striked_through_by_moderator>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All of you.

I am using SECATT scripts.