cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Control is disabled on Submit Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created a custom adobe form (using the HCM P&F framework) which allows the user to click a button to retrieve data from the backend. The data is retrieved and displayed to the user via a popup. We recently upgraded from NW 7.01 SP 3 to NW 7.01 SP6.

Now, when the button is clicked, the entire adobe control is locked/disabled prior to the request being sent to SAP. Our BADI still executes correctly and the form displays the data. We are able to close/cancel the popup, but the adobe control (the actual form and adobe controls such as the "highlight fields," "thumbnails," etc buttons) remains locked and the user cannot process it further. Does anybody have any ideas on why this is happening?

We are using the native WD button with the standard ZCI WD script to send the event to the backend:

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

I also ran transaction SFP_ZCI_UPDATE on our form, but it still suffers from the same issue

I am using adobe reader 9 to read the form.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

This seems to be a bug in SP6. Please open a customer message. To speed up processing, you should open a service connection (R/3 + HTTP) and provide as much information as possible: The steps how to reproduce the problem incl. URL, the version of the ADS, HTTP-Trace (HTTPWatch, see note 938809) and the client trace file, see note 999998: Append "&sap-wd-clientDebug=X" to the application URL, type <CTRL><ALT><SHILF>T. Copy the content of trace window to a text file and attach it to the message.

Ralf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Miller,

I would like to turn to you with our query about disabling adobe control in web dynpro application.

On May 6 2010, you posted a thread at SAP Community Network Forum, regarding Disabling Adobe Control on Submit Event (link to the mentioned thread: ).

We have encountered the exact problem at our customer system. According to your suggestion in your thread, you stated that synchronization of JAVA and ABAP stack solved your problem.

I would like to ask, what do you exactly mean by synchronizing JAVA and ABAP stack? Does it mean that we are supposed to maintain the same level of support packs for our JAVA and ABAP instance? Or are there any other actions involved in synchronizing JAVA and ABAP stack?

There is:

SPS 03 (05/2009) of ABAP instance at our SAP CRM 7.0,

SPS 07 (07/2010) of JAVA instance.

Thank you for any kind of input.

Best regards,

Stevo Misik

kshamatha_eda2
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Stefan Misik,

Was the issue resolved. We are on SPS 003 and the adobe control gets disabled on submit event.

thanks

Kshamatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

We submitted an OSS note and the issue was that the Java and ABAP stacks were out of sync. BASIS synced up the stacks and the issue is resolved.