cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue of Import into wrong system in ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing an issue when resetting the urgnt corection to In development and importing again in ChaRM:

Landscape:

Four system landscape (Dev, Tst, Acc, Prd)

Sceanario: Urgnt correction (ZDHF)

1.Created an urgnt correction->Set it to in development and save it(

TR is created)->Logon to Development system->perform the changes and

save it under the TR that is created-> Release Task in DEV system

2.Perform the action "Release the TR" -> Pass correction to test(import

TR to Test system)-> Now if we reset the correction status to in

Development and perform the action "Pass Correction to Test" without

creating a new transport request (since the issue may not be SAP

related), the correction is importing the TR to acceptance , instead of

just setting the associated status, which actually should not happen

We have configured ChaRM for 4 system landscape. also we we have

created two new actions and thier corresponding statuses. The statuses are mentioned below:

10 ANGE Created 10 10 1 1 SDHF_00

20 PROC In Development 20 20 1 1 SDHF_01 INPR

30 SIT Wait for handover to SIT 30 30 1 1 ZDHF_01

40 ZUTE Retest SIT 40 40 1 1 SDHF_02

50 UAT Wait for handover to UAT 50 50 1 1 ZDHF_02

60 Test Retest UAT 60 60 1 1 SDHF_03

70 REL Wait for handover to Prodn 70 70 1 1 SDHF_04

80 PROD Production 80 80 1 1 SDHF_05

90 Conf Confirmed 90 90 1 1 SDHF_06

91 ABGE Completed 91 91 1 1 SDHF_07 FINI

92 CANC Withdrawn 92 92 1 1 SDHF_08 FINI

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sameer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sameer,

1 - I will go ahead and create another status "45 ZUT2 Retest SIT 45 45 1 1 SDHF_02" but I would still need to create a custom action in action profile to set this status right?

yep, you do have to create a new action in action profile and thanks to conditions PPF make it available at the same status (so end users will have two options)

2 - "So users will get 2 actions for the same status. Wouldn't it be confusing for the end users?"

It might be confusing. I would advice you tu either

a - use explicit action names like

- demand of UAT - Trannsport TR

- demand of UAT - No transports; so people don t make mistake when choosinfg action

b - find a way to display only the right action for end users

You can use for solution b the display conditions of actions in SPPFCADM. You ll be able to add a new parameter in BUS2000116 in transaction SWO1 - for example import_again that ll be set to 1 when you need to reimpport TR in test system ( in case a New TR was created).

According to this new parameter you ll decide which action to diplay in action box of change docuement.

Solution B is definitely better but takes much more efforts. Cause you ll have to develop/make someone develop a program in SWO1 that ll bring the right value according to your change document life.

I am pretty sure You can find on sdn blogs and forums how to add a parameter to BUS2000116 (charm & SD Bus)

3 - Please let me know how would I set this new status for the cases where there is no TR created?

The purpose of this new status is having the same functional status (Tests in QUAL syst) but not making an IMPORT_TEST spro action so TR does nt go into PPROD - (case no new TR created)

1. So when a new TR is created you ll have to make end user reach old status

2. So when no new TR is created you ll have to make end user reach your new status (the one that won't launch an IMPORT_TEST Spro action)

Good luck

Keep me updated

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khalil,

Thanks for the explanation. I'll try this out and keep you updated. This will take some time so response will be delayed.

Regards,

Sameer

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sameer,

can u let u sknow if the topic is solved. If that s the case please close topic otherwise tell me how i can help

Regards

Khalil

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Oups, here is the schema again

10 -> 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> 50 ...

10 -> 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> 20 -> 3à -> 45 -> 50 ...

Edited by: Khalil SERRHINI on May 4, 2010 5:13 PM

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sameer,

by setting the status to certain value for example E0004 in SAP std, Solman launches an import into the NEXT test system: the customizing is done in table SOCMV_ACTION_O_S availbale in SPRO under Change Request Management node.

Since in your scenarion you did not create a new Transport Request; Solman considers the Acceptance System as the NEXT system to import in. If you had created another TR Solman would have understood that it was a correction; so it would have imported the lastely created TR in Test System.

I understand that in your case there is an actual Test KO AND that you don t need a new TR to fix the pb cause it is not a SAP Problem.

In this case; i am advicing you to add another status that won t be associated to the spro action (IMPORT_TEST) to manage a way back to dev w/o reimporting in Qual System (= No TR Created after resetting status of Change Doc)

So you should have another status : let's say "45 ZUT2 Retest SIT 45 45 1 1 SDHF_02" where you won't have the action of import (IMPORT_TEST) customized.

So you workflow will be as describe under (numbers are you status Ids):

- the branch above will be in used case you have a test KO that needs a new TR creation so a new transport into TEST Syst

- the branch under will be in used case you have a test KO that doesn't eed a new TR creation so no need to reexecute the IMPORT_TEST action

20 -> 30 -> 40

10 -> 20 -> 30 -> 40 -> -> 50 ...

20 -> 3à -> 45

This is will make your workflow a bit more complicated but will definitely work !

Hope my explanations are clear

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khalil,

Thanks a ton for a detailed explanation. I have a doubt:

I will go ahead and create another status "45 ZUT2 Retest SIT 45 45 1 1 SDHF_02" but I would still need to create a custom action in action profile to set this status right?

So users will get 2 actions for the same status. Wouldn't it be confusing for the end users?

I got your point and I feel this would work technically but I'm just thinking from the end user perspective.

Please let me know how would I set this new status for the cases where there is no TR created?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sameer