cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iGrid and database connection loss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have an irpt page with an iGrid that refreshes automatically every 4 seconds.

This grid shows data read from a SQL Server query, and the page is constantly displayed on an industrial monitor

I found that after a couple of days, the iGrid seems to loose the connection to the database, and, even if the query returns some data, on the iGrid you can't see either the SQL result or the name of the column of the grid.

Instead, you see just a couple of hyphens like '--'

If you reopen the page everything is good.

MII 12.0.8, Internet Explorer 6

How do you suggest to procede? To open a ticket to SAP?

It's really important to us not to have to reload the page.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still have the problem.

The problem occurs after about 2 days.

This is the URL in the browser

http://hostname:port/logon/logonServlet?j_user=user&j_password=password&redirectURL=/XMII/CM/Project...

After about 2 days the grid stops showing results (just hyphens). On Netweaver log the query seems executed.

If I refresh the page I have to put username and password on MII logon page.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another information.

We are using the Netwearver dispatcher, because MII is on a clustered configuration. Could it affect this behaviour?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What did you set the login.ticket_lifetime property to? Did you make any other changes?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now is set to 24. According to the Netweaver system admin it means that there's no ticket expiration.

The odd thing is that the problem occurred not after about 8 hours, but about a couple of days...

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I would think that setting it to 24 would make it expire in a day. As this is more related to netweaver, I would recommend posting your question there.

Jamie

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could be your session expiring, did you look in the log files for an error?

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shouldn't the igrid keep the session always alive? It constantly refreshes so I don't expect the session expires...

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That will keep your mii session active, but you still have a netweaver ticket that is set to expire after 8 hours by default. You should see this in the logs.

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jamie, I didn't know the netweaver ticket. Do you know how to manage the netweaver ticket in order to prevent it to expire after 8 hours?

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It can be modified in the config tool under Services u2013 com.sap.security.core.ume.service u2013 login.ticket_lifetime. Not sure if you can turn it off, I would recommend posting a message in the netweaver forum.

Jamie