cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling additional SAP ECC languages in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a senario wherein I need to send the existing MAterial records from SAP ECC to MDM. Most of these materials have texts maintained in languages EN, FR, CN, IT, etc (i.e languages supported in MDM). Also there are texts in languages like Norwegian, which is not supported in MDM.

While importing data in MDM, the import maps fail and throw value exceptions for these languages. Is there a way of handling such a concern in MDM.

I am using MDM_CLNT_EXTR to extract the existing material records from ECC.

Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

You can handle additional languages from ECC to MDM. For the languages maintained(supported) in MDM you can map e.g. source (ECC) EN with MDM (EN). I checked in MDM 7.1 SP3 Norwegain language is also maintained into MDM. You can select all the respective languages through MDM Console as per your requirement.

Please refer step by step procedure how to handle with multiple languages.

/people/ankurr.goel/blog/2008/09/15/handling-multiple-languages-in-sap-mdm

Refer article Multiple Languages in MDM Part 1: Console Settings for Multilingual Master Data

and article Multiple Languages in MDM Part 2: Importing Multilingual Master Data into MDM with Import Manager of this blog

This will resolve your problem.

Kindly revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mandeep. This definitely addesses my concern.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can anyone provide any insight onto this?

Thanks,

Elizabeth.

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can manually get these recird details on Excel and can get the data in to MDM/ or if records are more then use some Other Extraction mechanism to get the data out from ECC and take it in Excel or Access. by doing so new map you can create and can use to push the data into SAP MDM.

Hope it helps .

Deepak