cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Backup in Symantec Netbackup envirnoment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my new implementation, my client already have setup of Symantec netbackup environment for exchange server and file server backup.

We have to use same backup solution for our SAP systems also ( SAP is based on AIX6.1 and Oracle 10g).

Now my doubt is, can we also get /rmt0 in my AIX machine by this backup solution. As tape library is connected to HOST1 and SAP is running on HOST2.

Because as per my knowledge and refering to some interesting threads, To do direct backup on tape by using DB13, we need to do backup test by OS commands.

Please provide a solution if anybody faced same situation or how I should resolve it with your expert suggestions.

Regards,

Ramesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For you requirement, we would require separate SAP client of Symantec netbackup, then you will get a backint file which acts like a mediator between SAP brtools and netbackup. There are some profiles to be changed as well as some changes need to be done at netabackup level.

Please refer the below link for further details;

link: [ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/290217.pdf ]

Regards,

Kishore Soma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thiank you very much for your valuable answer.

Soon we will be getting the SAP agent license from Symantec for this solution.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Ramesh.