cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net weaver application on Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have windows7 OS in my laptop. i have heard that Net weaver applicaiton for ABAP doennot supports in win7. is there any other way by which i can run Netweaver application on win7. i have heard of virtualbox by which we can create the guest OS inside the host OS.

can i do like creating WIndows XP as the guest OS and running Netweaver inside it whereas win7 will be the host OS. in that case how much ram and cpu memory will this process use.

my laptop config is i3, 2gb ram and 320gb harddisk.

is there any other way to run Netweaver in windows7.

Thanks,

Tanmaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are going to use "Virtual Machine" It would require more RAM. Simple calculation is Host + Guest = Total RAM.

You can try one thing "Net weaver applicaiton for ABAP" doesnt support Windows 7 (Actually 64bit).

So if you are using Windows 7 64bit Operating system. Re-install Windows 7 as 32bit operating system.

Then you can install with little tweaking....

Regards.

Sumit Nene.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

As you already know its not possible to run minisap in Windows 7 yet. You could install a software called Microsoft Virtual PC which can run your Windows 7 in Windows XP mode. As of now only virtualization is the solution to use Minisap in Windows 7.

Vikranth