cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCS Processing from XI to R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

How are inbound IDOCS to R3 processed from XI.

When the IDocs are transferred to R3 from XI, I can see that there are many messages(Transaction Ids) in SM58 in XI, and these are not executed sequentially.In SM58 the messages are randomly executed(For example,OUT OF 20 messages in SM58 for the same IDOC TYPE and Same Interface, the 1st message and 20th message status says 'TRANSACTION EXECUTING'). SO, When the IDOCS are created and posted in R3 , ARE THE IDOCS NOT POSTED IN SEQUENCE? and what happens if a message which is in the middle gets stuck in SM58,and we do a EXECUTE LUW at the last after all the messages in SM58 are processed.Does this disrupt the sequence.

Please tell the processing sequence.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

That is for Inbound Queues, but our scenario is Outbound from XI and Inbound to R/3.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the sender adapter has to put the messagen in the queue.

Put Quality of service "EOIO" into sender adapter channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks. I understood how to achieve the queue sequence. when I do the Queue Processing,the EOIO service uses the Outbound Queues XBQOx,XBQAx and XBQZx as per the SAP documentation.

Assume, If I send 10 messages ,

1) Are the 3 queues used in random?

2)If only XBQOx queue is used, and if XBQO_0001 used for the 1st message ;Is XBQO_0002 queue used for the 2nd or 3rd message.

If this is the case then how is Sequence guaranteed again,as they all are processed at the same time.

Regards

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For EOIO you specify which queue to be used and then the queue anem remains the same (actually the queue remains the same)

If you check the blog reference given by Ravi you will notice the queueid that we mention in the ABAP stack and then the queue name that we see in smq2.

Regards,

Abhishek.

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Interface determination you select maintain order at runtime so that they will process in sequence order in SM58.

thanks,

madhu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi madhu,

>>>In Interface determination you select maintain order at runtime so that they will process in sequence order in SM58.

1. trfc - sm58 - is not use for queueing

2. maintain order at runtime does not work with sm58

so this is not the way to implement queues with IDOCs for sure

BTW

I already mentioned a step by step guide

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if this is what you need:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/28/setting-up-inbound-qrfc-queues-for-serializing-idocs-using-the-idoc-adapter

Regards,

Ravi

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>ARE THE IDOCS NOT POSTED IN SEQUENCE

yes - but you need to turn it on - it does not happen with tRFC but with qRFC

all the answers to your idoc questions:

http://www.sap-press.com/products/Mastering-IDoc-Business-Scenarios-with-SAP-NetWeaver-PI.html

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk