cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to SAP Solution Manager 3.2 to 7.0 EHP

0 Kudos

Dear Experts

At present I am using SAP Solution manager 3.2. Now I am planing to update SAP Solution Manager 7.0.

I am some confutation in SAP Solution Manager 7.0 and SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1,

what i do please help me.

Regards

Sanjay C.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EHP1 is basically a product enhancement of 700 - i.e offers new functionality

Usually to get to Enhancement packages you need to be operating NW2004S stack based product - in this case 4.0 (now called Solution Manager 7.0)

I think this proposal will require first an upgrade from 3.2 to 4.0

then after applying Enhancement Package EHP1 and following pre-reqs for both steps

Also bearing in mind that Solution Manager is RFC dependant any change in SID, Hostname or client will require

all RFC connections will need to be adapted

There may also be special considerations depending on source configuration or the active Solution Manager scenarios and content

I would take a look at following PDF for reference - it may help in the initial 3.2-->4.0 upgrade

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000090041&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

From Solman version 3.2 -> 7.0 , this is an upgrade (7.0 used to be known as also solman version 4.0)

see also this note on the name change

1161294 Name chg, SAP Solution Manager 4.0 to Solution Manager 7.0

7.0 -> 7.0 EHP1 is just a SPS level update

please have a look at this note, it has the details of individual stack levels updates, starting with SPS 18

1244225 Solution Manager 7.0 EhP 1: recommended corrections

Hope the above helps.

Cheers,

SH

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Please keep in mind yopu cannot upgrade directly from Solution manager 3.2 to EHP1.

You need to upgrade to Solution Manager 4.0/7.0 SP17, then from SP 17 you can go to EHP1.

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sanjay,

You should check the Solution Manager area of http://service.sap.com/instguides -> upgrade.

From Solution Manager 3.2 to Solution Manager 7.0 or EHP1 for 7.0 there is already an upgrade, not just a Support Package level update, so please go to the upgrade guides.

Please bear in mind that a 64 bit system is needed for EHP1 for Solution Manager 7.0 installs.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you upgrade your system from 3.2 to 4.0, it becomes 7.0 after applying SPS, and becomes 7.01 after applying some more.

You should upgrade to EhP 1

Regards,

David