cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use the JS coding in webdynpro java application!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to use the JS coding in webdynpro java application by any means?

If yes, kindly suggest the procedure or any pointers for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anurag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use JS in an IFrame.

What do you want to achieve? Isn't WD coding enough?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

Thanks for the instant reply.

But could you please elaborate the solution?

Actually, I've to implement the coremetrics functionality for this WDJ application and as far as I know I'll have to embed some js code and use some js libraries in order to achieve the same.

But I am not sure how to use this js code inside my WDJ application.

It would be really great if you can suggest some document or some pointers on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an IFrame you can run JS code but you can't control any of the events within the application.

An IFrame is only a container for htmls.

I don't know coremetrics, but are you sure it's only JS based?

Edit: simple search in google came up with - [Class CoreMetrics|http://www.sonarsource.org/docs/1.5/apidocs/index.html?org/sonar/plugins/api/metrics/CoreMetrics.html]

Edited by: Aviad Levy on Apr 26, 2010 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not possible to use JS in your webdynpro application.

Regarding IFRAME UI element, you can bind other j2ee application(where u can use JS) inside a IFrame UI element.

I would like to inform that IFRAME is deprecated in CE.

Regards,

Patana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not an expert in this matter, but I will post here what I know:

In NW7 releases (at least 7.01.05) it is possible to run JS, also to capture any WD Event and run your own JS code after that, using IFRAME. I have jQuery running here, it would take some time till you create a "framework" to enable some easy usage. I just want to highlight that is possible, thou I think it's a lot of effort.

Not sure about CE7.1 it seems iFrame is deprecated. Still, being deprecated should not "block" the usage, thou it's not recommended since this functionality can be removed in next releases.

I've read that CE7.2 has JS support, and I think you should try having a word with Armin maybe..

Hope it helps,

Daniel