cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD View in CAD Desktop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to SAP PLM and learning about the CAD Desktop. I have encountered a problem that I could not see these 3 views: CAD view, CAD Worklist, and CAD Working Directory.

So I tried to call the CAD Desktop via the function module CDESK_SHOW and they do appear. But now the function drop-down buttons (e.g. "Edit", "Original", "Material") in the SAP view disappear!

Subsequently, I checked the source code of the t-code "CDESK" and found out that the value for the importing parameter "INITIAL_VIEW" is 'SAPSTRUCT', which means SAP Structure (a fixed value in the cdesk_view_type domain). But the question is why the "Document List" is also available in this case?

Can someone please shed some light on this issue for me? Is it possible to have all the 5 views without changing the source code, e.g. via Customizing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joon Meng

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if CAD Desktop is called stand-alone via Transaction Code (without CAD System attached) only SAP View and Document List are visible. The other tabs appear, when a CAD System is attached.

More details are here:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/CADIntegrationinPLM |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/CADIntegrationinPLM]

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks for your reply. So is this also the reason why the CAD Desktop called via the FM CDESK_SHOW does not contain any functionalities?

How can I check if an integration with a CAD system is already in place?

Thanks agian.

Regards,

Joon Meng Goh

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the CAD Desktop is always launched from the CAD System, and usually not from a transaction code (and definetly not from a function module). So if you are in a CAD System that has the SAP PLM plug-in, you will find an additional menu inside the CAD System like 'SAP PLM'. When you have then e.g. loaded an assembly and select 'CAD Desktop', the CAD Desktop will be launched and will show the CAD Assembly translated into SAP PLM.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

thanks for your explanation. Problem solved.

Regards,

Joon Meng

Answers (0)