cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root Context for ACC - PLMWUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I created Root Context in spro using the program mentioned in Customizing in PLMWUI. But in portal when I try to assign the same it throws an error. I have ACC_ADMN authoirzation

Context ZPLM does not exist or you do not have access authorization

Message no. /PLMB/AUTH_ACC014

Procedure

This error is displayed in two scenarios:

If this message is displayed when you create a new business object (such as material, material BOM, ECN, or document), specify a valid access control context (ACC). To do this, you have to first check whether the access control context, specified by you as the owning context, still exists, or whether you still have access to this access control context.

If this message is displayed when you trigger a link to display or change the access control context, you need at least a change authority in the context, to be able to use this application. This is because the application for creating or changing the contexts is only authorized for the administrators. Other users do not have the right to analyze, change, or create contexts and cannot access this application.

Please help..

Regards,

Aby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

Is the status of the root context active.

Try adding this role SAP_PLMWUI_ACC_ADMINISTRATOR to your user in R3.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

i already have that Role, inf act I ahd added most of the SAP_PLM roles to my user id so that no auth issue arises..

Also how to check whether the status of the root context active.?

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

You can check this when you open the ACC contect from portal. You can either activate or deactivate the context.

You need to add your user as context administrator to have authorizations on that context. To do this edit the context and

add the role acc admin under the tab roles/users. Now assign your user to that role.

After saving you can find your user under context administrator in General tab. No check the box responsible administrator.

Now you can have admin authorizations on this context. With this you can create subordinate contexts assign roles and users and also assign objects(like materials and DIRs) to this context.

The best practise is to make admin users as responsible administrators and create sub contexts under parent context.You can add other users and other required roles here and assign this context to objects.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

As I mentioned earlier, I am not able to access the contexts in Portal.. For example, when I create a material and try to add context, using search I can see my context - ZPLM, but when I add it throws error as mentioned in first post..

I had done the following settings till now

1) SPECIFY ROLES FOR ACCESS AUTHORIZATION CHECK

Added a new role with following Auth Objects with full access and then marked it as ACC admn. Assigned it to my user ID

ACO_SUPER

PLM_ACC

PLM_DIR

PLM_ECN

PLM_MAT

PLM_MBOM

2)Create Root Context using the program

/PLMB/R_AUTH_ADD_ROOT_CONTEXT using se38

Please let me know if I need to do anything else.. I have almost all Admn authorizations for SAP PLM

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

For ACC it is not sufficient if you have the roles assigned in R3. As mentioned in my reply above you need to have administrative rights on the context in the portal side.

Edit the context in the portal and add the same admin role which you have assigned in R3 to your user. Add your user to this role. under general data tab check the box responsible administrator as your user for this context.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

you need to have administrative rights on the context in the portal side.

I have the following roles and several other roles with SAP PLM

SAP_PLMWUI_ACC_ADMIN

SAP_PLMWUI_ACC_ADMINISTRATOR

SAP_PLMWUI_ACC_ANALYZER

SAP_PLMWUI_ACC_SUPER_USER

Edit the context in the portal

When I try to access the context through portal, it says its not created (error as i mentione din first post). So ther eis no option to change acc for me..

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

You mentioned that while creating the material to assign the context you were able to see the context ZPLM but you were not able to assign that to the material. So context ZPLM is created and exists.

You have suficient admin roles with which you can access the context. Check whether role SAP_PLMWUI_ACC_SUPER_USER role has authorization object PLM_SPUSR for the object type PLM_ACC.

Try to edit the context by choosing Change access control context from services in the left hand menu in portal.

This should work.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I had the necessary auth. in SAP_PLMWUI_ACC_SUPER_USER as u mentioned..

Still its not working , when I add the context in change mode, it says it doent exist or u dont have neccessary auth. (same error)

Also when I had crated the context in SPRO, I had got one warning message as follws :- if this helps

Please check the order's object list (inconsistency SOBJ)

Message no. 5A378

Diagnosis

Table OBJS contains inconsistent data.

System Response

The objects affected by the inconsistencies are not transported.

Procedure

1. Execute report RHSOBJCH (Transport: Reconcile OBJS with HR Database Tables). The report produces a list of objects that include the finding "Supplement OBJS" or "Unnecessary in OBJS".

2. Select all of the objects.

3. Perform a reconciliation by choosing List -> Update selection. After the object list has been reconciled, table OBJS is consistent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

Did you execute the report RHSOBJCH and perform the steps given in the procedure. Check if the error still appears after this.

Or try to create a new root context with report PLMB/R_AUTH_ADD_ROOT_CONTEXT. In general if the root context created by you ZPLM is not created properly you should be able to create a new context.

Check assigning the role SAP_PLMWUI_DEMO_ADMINISTRATOR to your user.

Also these roles should be specified in

SPRO -> SAP Reference IMG -> Logistics- General -> Product Lifecycle Management -> PLM Web User Interface -> PLM Web Applications -> PLM Authorizations and Access Control Context -> Specify Roles for PLM Authorization Check.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

This is resolved now.. yeah, I did run the report and made the changes, now no error message.

But the actual problem was in oocr Set Up the Transport Connection . We have to give "No Automatic Transport" X for CORR.

This is mentioned in SNOTE 1231180

After this I could activate the Root Context.

Regards,

Aby

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

I have followed your thread since I have experienced exactly the same problem.

For the moment I donu2019t have the authorization to execute the transaction OOCR and before I ask someone else to do it for me I would like to ask some questions,

The note says that I have to transfer the objects manually if I set trsp corr=u2019Xu2019,

does this apply for all object types or only the contexts?

What kind of transfers will this affect?

Was it this change only that finally made it possible to access the context or did you do something more?

Thanks in advance/

Mikael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

I made this change, deleted the existing root contexts ( from table HRP7600) , then added.. it worked..

I am not aware whether by making trsp corr=u2019Xu2019, there would be any impact elsewhere..

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

It works for me as well now!

Thanks,

Mikael