cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR environment setup and configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are about to setup DR server for XI server, i.e. if any failure happen to Productions server then DR server acts as Production server.

1) who will setup DR Environment (Basis/ XI Admin/ XI Developer/ Any other team) ?

2) Prerequisites to test DR environment for an XI Developer ?

3) what are the parameters need to be consider to test DR environment for an XI Developer ?

Regards,

Pradeep A.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> we are about to setup DR server for XI server, i.e. if any failure happen to Productions server then DR server acts as Production server.

>

> 1) who will setup DR Environment (Basis/ XI Admin/ XI Developer/ Any other team) ?

> 2) Prerequisites to test DR environment for an XI Developer ?

> 3) what are the parameters need to be consider to test DR environment for an XI Developer ?

>

> Regards,

> Pradeep A.

DR is completely taken up by the tech delivery team i.e the BASIS.

A developer really doesnt have much to contribute to a DR setup. It involves BASIS and network folks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your answer.

IF DR Setup was completed, then i have come up with some of the action points that developer has to take care.

Only Inbound and outbound scenarios are configured in our project.

1) Maintaining ALE configuration settings between ECC and XI.

2) Maintaining shared folders between POSDM and XI.

3) Transport all objects of Primary server into XI Backup server.

please let me know any other points I left.

Regards,

Pradeep A.

Edited by: Pradeep Amisagadda on Apr 29, 2010 10:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my experience, the Basis Team do the installation and the XI admin/Developer would do the final configuration, but that depends on the configuration that is needed to be done.

the restore will be done by Basis.

the system checks are done by the XI admin/developer to ensure that there is communication between the components and that the system is sound before everything is activated and processing starts to make sure you have a working process.

also, if you have any scenarios you can run that does not process or update, they are worth running from either soapUI or the NW test tool.

the parameters i always test for are to ensure that all interfaces still work properly without making any changes at all. it should be a seamless transition once the DR system comes up.

But as the restore to the DR system is done from the Production system you have to ensure that the Prod system has the correct settings to start with!