Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Inactivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

Good morning. We are performing license measurement twice a year and perform user inactivity every quarter. To save time on user inactivity and to achieve accuracy, planning to have a new custom program developed. However, not sure if SAP has any plans to develop such a funactionality. We have CUA implemented in Solution manager (SAP EHP 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0, SAP basis component SAPKB70104).

As part of user inactivity, we filter the inactive users from all servers and set thier valid to date to last login date and lock them. Due to recent support package implementation we have additional functionality in report "RSUSR200" in CUA master. Which ideally gives the inactive users from all systems. However, we need to evaluate the user's again on individual basis since it is not complete. That means if user is part of 5 systems and inactive in 1 system, the user is shown in the report as inactive.

We have recently implemented another new functionality in CUA "RSUSR_SYSINFO_LICENSE". This report provides no of users based on the license category from selected systems.

Now the question is, do you know if any new support packages has the functionality Or ever heard from SAP

for performing user inactivity. That means, simply lock the user, set validity date to past or last login date if the user is inactive in all systems.

It will also be good if you share on how are you performing this activity?

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Edited by: Gowrinadh Challagundla on Apr 27, 2010 9:47 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

> However, we need to evaluate the user's again on individual basis since it is not complete. That means if user is part of 5 systems and inactive in 1 system, the user is shown in the report as inactive.

>

....but in the result list you have the information, in which system the user is 'inactive' (row 'recipient').

b.rgds,

Bernhard

3 REPLIES 3

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

> However, we need to evaluate the user's again on individual basis since it is not complete. That means if user is part of 5 systems and inactive in 1 system, the user is shown in the report as inactive.

>

....but in the result list you have the information, in which system the user is 'inactive' (row 'recipient').

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for the reply. Let me explain in details about that.

USER A is now a CRM user and before worked in ECC. The user is not using ECC any more, and only active in CRM. When I run this report, USER A is reported inactive in ECC. Which is right. However, I can't lock this user globally and set valid to date in past because the same user is active in CRM.

Since I know User A is a CRM user, I can avoid locking this user. The same way I need to determine all the user's reported here. The functionaity I am looking here is "report should check in all systems and say whether user is inactive and all respective systems". If the user is active in any one of the system, it should not be shown.

Hope it clarifies.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Checked with SAP, They have confirmed that no such feature released or any plans to make it. Also recommended to follow note 11 for development request. Closing the call.