cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process configuration in QA and PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I've got a question about proper configuration of adapters (ie JDBC adapter). When I develop and configure it, there's connection data contained in configuration, which points to specific database server - in my case deveoper's server.

What about transporting whole process to the QA server (and further to PROD later on) ?

How to make it work with QA database via JDBC without editing config on QA PI server?

How about other adapters?

Best Regards and TIA

Maciej Gottfried

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> How to make it work with QA database via JDBC without editing config on QA PI server?

You have to edit it in Q/A and prod, as PI removes connection entries while transporting.

> How about other adapters?

Same for all adapters.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gents

Regards

Maciej

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you meant to retain the adapter details while transport to different environment the refer the blog (/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/02/02/pixi-how-to-preserve-values-from-communication-channels-during-importing) provided by Abhishek.

Else as a standard, the adapter details are usually not retained while doing a transport.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How to make it work with QA database via JDBC without editing config on QA PI server?

Check this blog....there is aparameter that you have to set in Adapter Metadata in IR/ ESR for that particular Adapter and then the channel wont lose the set parameters: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2010/02/02/pixi-how-to-preserve-values-from-communication-channels-during-importing

Make sure that you read the note mentioned by Michal in the blog!

Regards,

Abhishek.