Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In document type I have given default user exit for number range: MCDOKZNR

I have give external number range selection

Ext no range "AAAAAAA " to "ZZZZZZZZ" (8 char)

while creating document in cv01n

1.if i give AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA system is allowing to create doc which should not happen

2.if i give ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ System is throwing an error

3. if i give YZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ system is allowing to create doc which should not happen

Please through some light to solve this problem.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

from your requirement ,it seems that you need external number range as per your own defined type means characters. Right?correct me if wrong.

for this you need to define "Number Assgmt" as 5 which is 'Enternal number assignmet without number range check only'.

Please try and revert. i hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

Thank you very much for your reply.i tried withh 5 it is not satisfying my requirement.

My requirement is

I want to have 7 alpha neumaric characters(external) to create my document type. It should not allow me to create with more than 7 char.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

tell me whether you want these characters for Document number or Document type field?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

could you please provide more information which values you have set in DC10 transaction for the document type regarding number ranges.

Further did you already check the status of you number range in transaction SNUM for object DOKUMENT?

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my doc type ,I have specified the following

Version assignment -

activated

change doc----- Activated

Number assignment----02 (External)

Internal No:---- Blank

External No: 05--- (AAAAAAA to ZZZZZZZ I have maintained no.range in SNUM with object:DOKUMENT)

Number assignment: MCDOKZNR

My requirement is System should not allow me to create a document with this document type if i specify more than 7 alpha neumaric charcters.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

With your message what I understood is your number assignment is not working properly. Take help of abap'r for this bcoz you need to restrict the entry max. upto 7. This will be a z-developement. The numbering field in standard is upto 25 characters and open. if you want to restrict then z-development is required.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra