cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REG: Arabization in Webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Could you please tell me how to develop arabic aplications in webdynpro java.

Moreover applications are already created in webdynpro java.Is there any wat to internationalise them or we need to create the new applications in arabic.

I have gone through many of the forum posts regarding internationalization.But I need step to step procedure where to start from.

Thanks,

Regards,

Anupama

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama,

Below link might be helpful. Pls check -

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDJava/WebdynproApplicationwithLanguagedifferentthanPortalpersonalizedlanguage

Thanks,

prodyut

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be very interesting to see your results of an "arabic" WDJ application - do you have some screenshots?

Thanks in advance

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have created oen application but allignment is giving me problems.

Let me do some hit and trial and play with layouts

Thanks all for u'r replies.Let me do the task and wait for my next doubt.

Regards,

Anu

Sjm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anupama,

We have internalization concept in WDJ, pls go thr below link will help you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2d/e7381138a8d2458f1f4fac32614f71/content.htm

Thanks,

Sreeni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

You can develop application in Arabic using internationalize concept. You have to work on the XLF files. Go to Navigation and open the project structure for example SAP\workspace\SuspendResume_Plug\src\packages\com\sap\view\Vw_PlugView.wdview.xlf. You can open this file using S2X editor (right click the file and select open with option)and you will be able to see all resource with Text. This files are related to view, so search in the package you have define for the view at the time of project creation.

You have to create xlf files based on the language and this framework will pick the file as per language.

Or

You can use property file concept where you haev to parameterized the WDJ code for all possible resources like UI, Messages etc.

This property file you can save in KM and can read file with application parameter property of iView. You have to use Key/Pair concept. This approach will take time but is one time work.

Better try to achieve via .xlf files.

Hope this may help you.

Deepak!!!

Edited by: Deepak Arora on Apr 26, 2010 8:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the reply but what about allignment of ui elements.

Regards,

Anu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

you can use textDirection property for the UI element...:)

Deepak!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually my assumption is that we will be using same ui for both english and arabic right???

Then i can set the textdirection property also depending upon the language choice but the main challenge is how to call labels from xlf file...

Also if we create langauge specific xlf files then how we have to call them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the language of the logged on Portal user, the corresponding xlf will be called.

- Saravanan K

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Anupama / Deepak

See the basic thing is.. You can use xlf files to achieve this. But, it is always challenging to use them as per your logic as they are more towards static front. Rather use properties files, this way, you do not have to create a seperate UI & also, you can do customization in your labels as and when required.

I dont know about your UI requirements but still I would suggest you to use only matrix layout-right alignment.

Additional, try to use bigger framework as this will help you to write the Arabic in the same place without disturbing other elements. Switch off your auto adjustment in UI element(make them rigid).

FYI.. English : Arabic = 1:3

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chander,

Actually the main challenge is we have already developed 30 applications in webdynpro java and now we have to do arabization.So i believe if we will use property files at this point of time then we need to modify the already labels taht exists.So using xlf would be not tiem consuming also.

What u suggest...????

Regards,

Anu

chander_kararia4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anupama

Thats right what you said... Just curious..

How many applications yet to be developed?

What is the density of UI elements available there in the yet to be developed applications ?

What was the density of UI elements there in already developed applications ?

If at all, a new locale to be implemented, what will you do...do all re-work... starting from import of all the applications... to creating new xlf files... deploying applications on client server again ?

I might be wrong as I do not have any knowledge about above questions..but I feel you can analyze situation by answering above questions.

Best Regards

Chander Kararia

+91-96570 84646

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

Calling .xlf files depend upon the language of user/browser/server/locale. Based on the language you can manipulate the textDirection property value.

As you have mention you had bunch of project with you, my suggestion is go for .xlf files first it will not take more time/effort for you. Just try to work for one project and if every thing is fine, then good to go or my badu2026

If not works then you have to go via property file concept and this will be a time consuming act as I mentioned earlier but for long run is a very good call.

Hope things will work for you....:)

Deepak!!!

95031-34500

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chander ,

Thanks for teh reply.could you please elaborate on layout issues for allignment of arabic text.

Regards,

Anupama

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Deepak,

Could you please let me know in external facing portal how to differentiate the translated files.I mean to say in portal how we have to handle if we are logged in and then language changed to Arabic then how to call arabic aaplications.Till now whta we have done is we have translated XLF files and we were testing locally teh application with using parameter as sap-locale = ar

Thanks.

Regards,

Anu