cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are adding a System (new QAS replacing the Old QAS) to the CTS. The domain controller is DEV.

We are getting the following error:

This is tp version 370.00.09 (release 700, unicode enabled)

E-*
syfbusrt\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_DEV.PFL could not be opened.*EXIT

ERROR:

System : Parameter SAPEVTPATH not set. Batch jobs cannot be started.

Error in
syfbusrt\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_DEV.PFL: transdir not se

tp returncode summary:

TOOLS: Highest return code of single steps was: 0

ERRORS: Highest tp internal error was: 0208

I have checked the permissions of the sapmnt and we have even assigned it to everyone.

However, the new QA system belongs to a different series of IP Address as compared to DEV and PRD and all the systems (DEV, QA and PRD) are Local Installation and belongs to the same Workgroup. Can you please confirm whether different ip series and different gateway are a reason for the error?

Also, any possible thoughts would be much helpful.

Regards,

Antarpreet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally, as per the best practise it is advisable to have all the three systems in same IP series and gateway. However, since this is a local installation and all are in workgroup as far as all the required ports are open and there is no restriction between two different series thats ok. Regarding your error it seems like some environment variable errors. Guess yours is windows environment. Please check the environment varaiable correctly in newly installed quality system.

Also, check from newly installed quality system if you are able to access the development and production system from Run box i.e., Start->Run, this is to confirm that since quality is in different series if access if enabled for servers in other series. if not then ask your network guys to enable the same.

Finally, I would suggest you to delete the existing TMS and recreate again with the new quality if above suggestions does not work.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

There is something odd when we access the other system at SO level

When I check the systems as Administrator User from QAS System, it accesses the /<hostname>/sapmnt without prompting for the access credentials. But when I am logged in via <QASADM> user, it still accesses the /<hostname>/sapmnt after I feed in the username and password of the DEVADM user in the DEV System. I suppose there must be some different way of allowing access for Local workgroup systems.

Please adivse if i need to check anything else.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it asking for the password of DEVADM in quality system each and everytime or only for the first time. If its asking only for first time then try configuring the stms now. Otherwise map the path /<hostname>/sapmnt in qualty system with DEVADM user and then try. When mapping the drive do not forget to check the option reconnect after logon. Also make sure QASADM is the administrator in quality system.

Also, finally I would suggest you to delete the existing STMS and reconfigure again from scratch with new quality system.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

It asks for the password for the first time only. I will try the other option of mapping the drive.

I do now want to delete the TMS configuration in the Domain Controller because I want to save the Old transport routes in the QAS system? Is there some other way to delete the TMS configuration and save the configuration.

Thanks Again.

Thanks,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge I am not aware of how to save configuration of TMS. Your requirement is to remove the existing old Quality from TMS and replace it with new one right? If it is so then login to domain controller (Development) 000 client and go to Transport Route tab and take a snap shot of the same. Where it will have transport routes from DEV to QLT and from QLT to PRD. Then next go to Systems Overview and delete only the Quality system from the list and activate it.

Now, login to 000 client of new quality system and execute the STMS tcode where it asks to add to a domain and there you give IP of your development system (domain controller). Next again go to 000 client of development system overview and there you need to approve the new quality system to domain. After that go to transport and configure the transport route with the new quality system and at last distribute and activate the changes.

Regards,

Sharath

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you able to access this FS from your new QAS system?

E-*
syfbusrt\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_DEV.PFL

If yes, check the permissons of the share point (and add username/group with full access).

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

What permissions do I need to give to the QASADM user on the DEV System? Please let me know the recommended steps for authorizing the QASADM user on a local installation in a Workgroup.

Thanks Again,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whehter the TMS is configured, If configured check the path is set for trans directory

(SAPEVTPATH).

Check the value of the DIR_TRANS in RZ11.

Check the tp profile parameter file also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pugazh,

DIR_TRANS is set correctly to the DomainController

When I do a transport profile check from the QAS system, it says "Could not read Profile"

I am not sure about how to check "Check whehter the TMS is configured, If configured check the path is set for trans directory

(SAPEVTPATH)." Could you please let me know if we need to set the SAPEVTPATH some where?

Thanks,

Antarpreet

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your QUA and PRD IP is pinging from Development Server. I think this is IPs issue.

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Antarpreet,

As you domain controller is on DEV system and your DEV system sapmnt is shared between all the SAP system. To overcome your problem pls do the following , this is because your QAS system has different ip range.

1. login to OS of DEV ( domain controller )

2. create user QASADM on OS of DEV system and administrator authorization.( keep password same as QASADM user of host QAS)

3. Login wiyth user QASADM on host of DEV ( to confirm the password match with QAS system)

4. now login to OS of QAS system and call sapmnt of DEV system ( not it should not ask your for username and password)

once above is done, know you can do the activity of adding the QAS system in domian controller.

Thanks

Anil