cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range for support desk messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a problem with number range in the service desk scenario. I'm using a customized transaction type ZHRD.

In this scneario the numbers are getting skipped randomly. For example please find the below scenario of support messages created

The numbers in between 1212 to 1220 are skipped.And this is not happening always.This happens randomly and once in a while. I'm unable to locate them, if created. I'm using the object 'CRM_SERVIC' for the number range.

Please suggest.

regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: Srini24 on Apr 26, 2010 7:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CRMD_ORDER follows early number assingment. If you create any document and abort without saving the numbers are lost. This is normal.

Hope this clarrifies your doubt.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Edited by: Raguraman C on Apr 26, 2010 6:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thansk for the reply. yes I knew about this early number range assingment. If the support messages are directly created in solution manager using CRMD_ORDER, and not saved the numbers get skipped.

But I just want to know if I need to do any other settings to avoid this. For our scenario the support messages are created from a sattelite system(Portal) via BSP. For this case,do the numbers get generated? I believe that only on save in the BSP the CRMD_ORDER gets triggered and the support message number gets generated. on opening a BSP page and exit without save, does the number get generated?

At times the numbers with a gap of 10 get skipped, and this happens randomly but frequently.

e.g they get created this way.

6000001640 ;

6000001650;

6000001660 etc.. without the middle number range

Please clarify.

regards,

Srinivas.

Edited by: Srini24 on Apr 26, 2010 9:35 AM

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If number ranges are buffered (they usually are, whenever there are no legal requirements for continuous numbering) then there will always be some gaps with the numbering.

Another possible cause is that there might be more than one document type within the same number range. How many number ranges are there for CRM documents in your system? How many different CRM document types do you use in your system? To clarify my questions, if you have in the same number range the SLFNs, the ChaRM documents and the Maintenance Optimizer documents, you are bound to see some 'jumps' in the numbering of any single document type.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the reply. We are using 5 number ranges in the CRM Service Process. However each number range is assigned to a separate transaction type. No two transaction types have a same number range,but the number range object is same(CRM_SERVIC). I'm not facing any problems for the standard trasnaction type SLFN(8 series) ; customized transaction types YLFN(9 series), ZLFN(7 series) etc.. These trasnaction types are not having any problem.

But this customized transanction type (ZHRD-a copy of SLFN) is haing this problem. Hope I'm more clear this time.

Or let me know how to remove the gaps in these number ranges...

regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

CRM_SERVIC is buffered on the application server. If you shut down the app server the 10 numbers in the buffer are lost. This is normal, as Miguel said, for situations where you don't legally require sequential numbering.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Why dont you remove the early no check assignment

goto transaction type detail in spro choose ur transaction type ZHRD and remove the Tick from Early no assignment

so when ticket is posted and save button is pressed then only no will be generated in CRMD_ORDER.

Hope it helps and solve ur issue

Regards

Prakhar