cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI alerts - MDM Adapter(new)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are using MDM adapter in PI 7.0 for tracking MDM import processes.

Here is my observations:

1) No alerts are being triggered for communication channel which uses MDM adapter u201CMDMu201D, However, file adapter errors are getting triggered. For example, if I provide dummy MDM port in communication channel settings, this keeps track of log that incorrect port, however no alert is being triggered.

2) When there are any exceptions in importing data to MDM, process log is showing as warning & error, but adapter monitoring is showing successful

3) Communication channel keeps track of MDM server availability and process log of communication is getting updated with results. However, they are not triggering alerts.

4) I triggered message from R3 to MDM, When message is failed in adapter engine due to incorrect communication channel settings, this triggers alert due to Adapter monitoring error set to u201CSystem Erroru201D

Basically, we want to send alerts even for MDM server unavailability , Import map deletion and import failures into MDM.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

The MDM Adapter supports PI Alerting only from MDM Adapter SP04 onwards. The events that would trigger alerts are listed in the MDM PI Adapter guide under "PI Alert Mechanism" section, see link:

PI Alert Mechanism

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/4c7d16229b2475e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Regards

Mark