SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Payment Method not appearing on Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where the customer has an incoming payment method of G, ( found on FKKVKP) indicating that we will charge his credit card on on the due date. This functionality works as expected. We hav e been charging his card monthly for the past 9 months. However, when the invoice is generated it does not have the message that the card will be charged. When I look at the invoice header in EA40 the payment method is blank. I beleive that EA40 is pulling from ERDK which stores the invoicing header data ERDK does not pick up the payment method that is found in FKKVKP. In my research I have determined that this is not the only account that has this problem, I have found several others where this occurrs. However, there are other accounts that print the message with no problem.

Can anyone offer any ideas on what I can look at to determine the problem? I haven't been able to find anyone who has any idea what could cause this mismatch. Invoicing is not done thru SD. We are on version ECC 6.0 and this is the CCS module.

Thanks -

Kim

Edited by: kcolarusso on Apr 26, 2010 1:32 AM

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

By default in the IS-U print form, the payment method is derived from the print doc header as you stated but in your case this is blank even though you are successfully debiting the customer's account because the payment method is configured on the CA. I have seen this before too and I believe it has to do with some config in the way that you are running your pre-authorized bank debit. This is probably not a problem and you likely do not need to change config or worry about the payment method showing in the print doc header.

The quicker fix might be to adjust the code in the print form to look at field EZAWE on the contract account to determine if/when to display the appropriate payment method message. for example:

• CASE wa_doc_header-pymet. "REMOVE AND EVALUATE BELOW INSTEAD

case wa_cont_acct-ezawe.

when '1'. gv_pymet_message = text-p01. "1st

when '2'. gv_pymet_message = text-p02. "10th

when '3'. gv_pymet_message = text-p03. "15th

when '4'. gv_pymet_message = text-p04. "25th

when 'D'. gv_pymet_message = text-p00.

when 'E'. gv_pymet_message = text-p00.

when 'P'. gv_pymet_message = text-p00.

endcase.

I hope this is of some help.

Regards,