cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a field in billing document mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have requirement where i should force the user to enter proforma invoice # manually in the billing document. So i wanted to use the field REFNR (in foreign/customs tab ) in billing document as mandatory field when creating a billing document.

Can some tell me how i can make this possible. I will award points.

Thanks for advance.

Aripta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no Incompletion procedures for Billing. Therefore you have to go with a user exit to cater your requirement.

Please refer below link for all available user exits in SD. Select a one relevant for billing and ask ABAP person to give a customer error message when that field is blank.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/SDUserexits

Best regards,

Anupa

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need more info on SDH0

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through incompletion log, you cannot achieve anything as for as billing is concerned. You have to try with billing exit USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC).

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was trying myself to make that field mandatory in Header > Foreign Trade > Ref Document Number but it was not possible.

If you can use Header > Foreign Trade > Comments > Description then it can be mandatory.Here you can give the ref. Number.

You have to use SHD0 & make that field as Description or EIKP - TEXT2 as mandatory.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arpita,

I think you need to go for development in this case. Please discuss this issue with your ABAPer.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Use screen exit in SHD0.

REGARDS

SURESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Define your required field in the incomplete procedure in Billing doc.

If Billing doc is not defined in Incomplete procedures, define a new Z procedure for your billing doc type. Define field EIKP-REFNR as mandatory In Status group select the check box against billing doc.

Regards,

Sivanand