cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we insert/update records in view table using SAP PI JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am unable to insert/update records to a view table created in SQL server.. I am able to see the view table in the SQL data base. I am getting an error in the CC saying that NULL value cannot be inserted in the Table (actual table name Based on which view table is created).... But in payload I can see all values are passed.. I even tried wiht same mapping but chaging the view name with the actual table name which is showing in the CC error, which successfully created the records with out any issues... Unable to insert/update using view name....

I am sucessfully inserted/updated the records using SAP PI on tables on the same SQL server... But Unable to insert/update records on Views tables.. Wondering is it possible or not possible??

I cant even see the view table structure in the External Defination import tab in ESA.. where as I can see the tables structure.. Can any one throw some light on this.

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever the operations possible using SQL statements...like insert/update/delete...those can be called from PI...

but the statement like updating /inserting is not allowed on view tables by SQL itself...

so this cannot work even using any middleware tool....

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your input.. Is it the same wiht Oracle Database also?? Cant we insert/update records in View Tables using SAP PI?

I am trying to insert records in a view table in SQL server but getting error message... where as when I try to insert in TABLE ..Its working..

Any inputs on this..

Thanks

Rajeev

Edited by: rajeev raj on Apr 26, 2010 11:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, for all databases the concepts wioll be same. View can used to fetch the records from different tables.

If you want to insert or update try create a "Procedure" and use it in XI.

Regards

Ramg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Basically view is a virtual table that consists of columns from one or more tables. Simply it will display the records of different table,

so it is not possible to update the tables using views.

Thanks

Ramg