cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Instances in SAP Management Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After troubles with Deploy (error message occurs) I tried to restart the J2EE Engine with sapmmc, but it does not start correctly (not all icons are green). So I stopped the J2EE engine, rebooted my developer PC and afterwards the list in sapmmc is empty. I only can see "Console Root", "SAP Systems" on the left side and "There are no items to show in this view" on the right side.

Should I start any service manually?

sapstartsrv.exe

-

Error : Cannot install service.

CreateService failed: 421

The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.

STARTSAP name=dm0 nr=01 sapdiahost=sapserver (NO Change)

librfc32.dll and librfc32u.dll files are present in C:\WINDOWS\system32.

SAPLOC or SAPMNT folders are not available.

when SAPDM0_00 in services.msc started, after starting it automatically shuts down.

SAPOSCOL in services.msc is in started status only.

SAP MMC

-

1. Copy sapmmc.dll, sapmmcms.dll, sapmmcdb6.dll, sapmmcinf.dll, sapmmcada.dll, and sapstartsrv.exe to C:\Windows\system32

2. Check that librfc32.dll is available in C:\Windows\system32 (both librfc32.dll and librfc32u.dll are likely available if you have installed SAP GUI already) If not, copy from the SAR file.

3. Change directory

>cd C:\Windows\System32

4. Register DCOM Type library of the service

> sapstartsrv -t

Click on u201COKu201D in the following Window

5. Copy sapmmc.dll, sapmmcms.dll, sapmmcdb6.dll, sapmmcinf.dll, sapmmcada.dll, and sapstartsrv.exe to C:\Windows\system32

6. Check that librfc32.dll is available in C:\Windows\system32 (both librfc32.dll and librfc32u.dll are likely available if you have installed SAP GUI already) If not, copy from the SAR file.

7. Change directory

>cd C:\Windows\System32

8. Register DCOM Type library of the service

> sapstartsrv -t

Click on u201COKu201D in the following Window

9. Start mmc from DOS or Run

10. Click on menu "File" u2013 "Add/Remove Snap-in"

11. Click on "Add"

12. Select "SAP System Manager" then "Add"

13. Enable "Export user mode" option then click "Next"

14. click on "Next"

15. Type the system information <SID> as System and "<hostname> <instance number>" as Instance, then click on "Add". The entry should be displayed in the "Fixed instance list" window. Add more entries or Click on "Finish"

Right-click on SID and select start.

Error : Cannot connect to SAP Service on sapserver

WebService error:20

Unknown error

DCOM Interface error:80070424

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Server execution failed.

Please help me in solving the above issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to fix the problem - I ran sapstartsrv.exe from windows explorer (located in \usr\sap\NSP\DVEBMGS00\exe)

Here I entered the following:

Operation: -Install Service and register COM interface & Start Service

SID: NSP

NR: 00

Start Profile: C:\usr\sap\NSP\SYS\profile\START_DVEBMGS00_<ServerName> (where <ServerName> is your computer name)

User: <ServerName>\<UserName> (where <ServerName> is your computer name, and <UserName> is your windows login name)

Password: windows login password

Startup Type: Automatic

kyo_choi2
Participant
0 Kudos

I've installed my NSP on 500GB SSD and if it's dislodged or not connected then it would show that instances are missing since the drive is out.  BTW, it's like HANA platform using the SSD and its faster than any SAP server I've worked with last 17 years.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAI...

i also faced the same problem...is this problem solved or not.....

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sathya,

Please try to add your Server node manually and re-start it.

Also check the services file run services.msc..

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

The service called SAP<SID>_<Instance Number> is missing in services.msc...

What can I do to resolve the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like you had a corrupt Windows registry.

The service entries are defined in the registry, if you can take a look at someone else's registry keys under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services, you may be able to re-create the entry correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for your valuable post.

Hope this helps. But can you please guide me how to check Windows Registry. If we reset, then the SAP Service will get displayed in services.msc.

I dont have any System to compare. Can anyone please inform me the value of the registry, HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services.

Warm Regards,

Sathya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See note: 535532

Mid way through the note it says:

You can then register the SAP J2EE Engine as a windows-service by using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. Open a command prompt and change to the directory <J2EE Engine installation directory>configtool and run configtool.bat or start this tool via your Start-Menu "Tools->Config Tool" of the J2EE Server entry. Select at the left navigation area of this tool the entry "cluster/ server" the checkbox "Enabled" at the tabstrip "NT Service". Apply these settings by clicking on "File->Apply" at the menu. Do the same with the entry "cluster / dispatcher".

After you have finished these steps you can register now the J2EE Engine as a windows service.

Start service.exe, which is also located in the directory

<J2EE Engine installation directory>configtool. It works with three

parameters:

Service.exe u2013install u2013 the service(s) is (are) registered as NT/2000 Service(s). For each specified cluster node, a separate service is generated. All services have startup mode automatic. To start the service(s), open the Control Panel ¨Services folder. Find the service in the list of available services (for example: SAP J2EE Server 1, SAP J2EE Dispatcher 1, SAP J2EE Server 2, and so on). Select it, and choose u201CStartu201D on the right-hand side. No u201CStartup Parametersu201D are needed for the service to run. The system starts the particular J2EE Engine 6.20 node in background mode. It can be used and administered as usual. The only difference is that the server does not run in a console window.

There may be other notes along these lines.

You should also check any notes on the setup of SAP in MSCS cluster, as it will contain instructions for registering the services.

Hope this gives you a pointer in the right direction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPMNT and SAPLOC folders are missing. So could not able to start SAP J2EE Engine via configtool.bat

service.exe file doesn't exist in the folder path <J2EE Engine installation directory>\configtool.

What can we do now Darryl ?

Edited by: Sathya Kala Veeraraj on Apr 27, 2010 11:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Your suggestion helped me perfectly.. SAP services default user account's password(in my case) had expired , hence it was unable to start sap services . I reset the password for the account and changed the password policy for my user account(to avoid this problem in future) . Thank you .

Regards,

Pawan