Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving binary file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a scenario to implement by XI.

ftp -> XI -> ftp (several binary files)

i already looked at sending an image file through XI in a File-to-Mail Scenario.pdf, but i do not know what to do.

i would highly appreciate if you give a light on it.

thanks in advance.

venjamin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did u solve this issue Venjamin..

plz let me know...

Cheers,

Raghavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin,

I dont think it is possible for the receiver file adapter to receive attachments.

cheers,

Prashanth Azharuddin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin,

Since you are calling these binary files, that clearly means you want to transfer xml data present on one ftp server to another ftp server. So, bascally its a file-to-file scenario. You will find several blogs to achieve this.

I am not sure if you have many files to be picked up from source system or if you want the data to be sent to many files..just confirm on that and we can probably help you with it too!

Regards,

Sushumna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venjamin,

Can you give us more details on what you need.

Meanwhile, in your Sender File Adapter , you have the option Addtional Files , using which you can make the file adapter pick up multiple files,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/b4a6490a08cd41a8c91759c3d2f401/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what i want to do is just move all of binary files in ftp folder to another ftp folder.

i have no idea on it. what about DT, MT, MI, MM, IM in design time? and configuration time?

thanks

venjamin

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi venjamin,

If you desire to use XI as a mere FTP sevrice , then check this blog on how to do the same,

You can create a Dummy Datatype, Message Type and Message Interfaces and you need no Message Mapping and Interface Mapping and the source and target Message Type will be the same.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin,

Try moving your binary file without any content conversion. You just need to create dummy message interfaces and message types to do this.

Refer this weblog for more information..

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Regards

Anand