cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login on SAP after Successful Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed SAP ECC 6.0. but not able to login through ddic or SAP*. Its giving error "login not possible wrong password".

I have tried with master password given on installlation time as well as with pass for SAP*.

but not able to login.

Only i am able to login on client 066 with earlywatch user. but not able to login on client 000 & 001.

DB:- SQL Server 2005(64 bit)

Pls help.

rgd

Awnindra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Awnindra,

Make sure that you are using the correct master password . If still you face the error,try with activsating Emergency user .

To activate the emergency user, you must set the login/no_automatic_user_sapstar profile parameter to the value 0 .

Do it in OS level(since you cannot login to the SAP), add this value to your instance profile and restart the instance.

Then try with sap* with pass .

Otherwise , one more option, login to SQL Studio , Go to Database(DBSID) > Tables > delete the row in USR02 table with MANDT 000 and BNAME sap* . Then after deleting, try to login with sap* with password :pass . This will create the sap* automatically . Once logged in create an admin user and reset password of sap* . Remind: for this option also , you need the profile parameter set as above .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jayanth_velugati
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Cross check ur master password and try the below steps

1)For ECC version, the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar should be set to u201C0u201D. Set the parameter at OS level (usr/sap/<sid>/sys/profile/instance profile). Space is taken as @ character if you are using notepad, so be careful while editing instance profile. As the parameter is a static parameter you need to restart the instance.

2)User Data is stored in table USR02.login to DB.

Try deleting user SAP* for the client @ db level .(delete * from usr02 where mandt=u201Dclientidu201D and bname=u201Dsapu201D) .Now try login to same client with UID=sap and pwd=u2019passu2019. This will create the user SAP* user again in table USR02.

Thanks

Mr.J

fredrik_borlie
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a thought.

If you are used to work on 4.7 ERP systems you might not be aware that the system nowadays has case sensitive passwords.

So make sure you really enter your master password with the correct upper and lower characters.

In 6.40 releases and lower you have been typing lower characters but the system have converted them as upper. So all passwords are really stored as upper characters.

Regards Fredrik

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have installed SAP ECC 6.0. but not able to login through ddic or SAP*. Its giving error "login not possible wrong password".

> I have tried with master password given on installlation time as well as with pass for SAP*.

The security concept changed with ERP 6.0.

A direct login with SAP* is not possible unless you set specific profile parameters.

Also make sure you use client 000 (not the default 001) when you login with DDIC and the master password you gave during installation.

Markus