cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

procure item for inventory in Shopping cart as Order as Direct Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When i procure a an item for inventory click u201COrder as Direct Materialu201D and then the system would not ask for an account assignment,

1.) where i can do this setting

2.) the actual problem am facing is "SC is created but PO goes to status Saved and when i see PO i can see the error and this is "Backend error : enter account assignment category".

Please let me know on this....i hope this will also be a great learning for me towards a journey of become masters in SRM like all of you

Smriti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. for order as direct account assignment folder disappear.

--

Ordering a direct material means ordering a product that will be received into stock.

You have to press the Order as Direct Material button in the item detail view.

Selecting Order as Direct Material replaces the goods recipient with the plant you

are ordering for and removes the Account Assignment information. The plants and

storage locations are defined in the organizational structure in the extended attributes

Locations and Storage Locations. After ordering the material as a direct material, you

cannot change back to indirect; so, in case of a mistake, you have to delete this item.

If you have a valid and definite source of supply, such as a contract, this will be used.

Items without a source of supply will have to be completed by the purchaser in

sourcing transaction or in the worklist of incomplete purchase orders. The complete

purchase order will then be replicated to the back end system. Changes to the purchase

order is only possible in Enterprise Buyer, which is the leading system for this process.

Any changes made in Enterprise Buyer are transferred to the back end.

---

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smriti,

If the PO is going into saved status, it means PO is incomplete. This is not a backend error message, it is EBP message which means PO is incomplete.

Here is the prerequisites for Direct Material

EBP

- set up transaction type and number ranges

- replicate the locations from back ends, with one of the location reports (for eg BBP_LOCATIONS_GET_FROM_SYSTEM)

- set up attribute DP_PROC_TY as transaction type for direct material POu2019s

- replicate products from back ends

R/3 Backend

- set up document type and number range for direct material purchase orders corresponded to the Enterprise Buyer system

Please review your configuration.

Thanks, Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sachin,

Thanks for the elaborated answer but when i edit the PO and click on ORDER button i get the error and this is "Backend error : enter account assignment category".

PLease suggest if this error comes then what do i need to do......i know tht PO is in-complete but what is missing and how to remove this error.....

i checked all the settings told by you.....seems to be OK in my system

like attribute DP_PROC_TY for direct material POu2019s

products from back ends etc.

Smriti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed