cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Location Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our sales orders look for holding stores (say storage location:1) for avilability check and delivery. However, picking, packing and PGI happens in another storage location. This necessitates shifting of materials to the new storage location using Txn: MBIB and manually changing the storage location in the delivery document. There are lots of problems arising from this. Is there any better method of handling this ?

Pl do suggest alternate methodology to handle this business requirement.

Muraleedharan.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont know why you need two storage locations for SD process. Normally, one storage location will be used to create delivery and billing.

Instead of making availability check for one storage location during sale order creation and post the goods issue from another location, why dont you consider the storage location of delivery in sale order itself. This will reduce the work load of the users.

Still if you want to automate the MB1B process, you can try with delivery exit V02V0002

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is some problem in your storage location determination. Please check your storage location determination configuration in Logistics execution. This only will solve you the problem of creating extra stock transfers. I hope you know that there are some rules for storage location determination MALA, RITA etc.