cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Adapter - alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

We configured MDM adapter in PI7.0 for processing IDoc data into MDM product table( Product repository) using predefined MDM port. This works as long as no errors in mapping though Import manger and Import server. There are few occasions where Import process is getting failed and files are being placed in exception(structural) folder from ready folder. This time adapter engine monitoring is updated with status u201CSuccessfulu201D (first screenshot from enclosed file)

Adapter Engine Successful 23.04.2010 16:35:04 23.04.2010 16:35:05

urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages

MATMAS.MATMAS05

and in detailed log it is updated with u201CWarningu201D.

2010-04-23 16:35:05 Success Message successfully processed by JCA adapter

2010-04-23 16:35:05 Success MP: Leaving module processor

2010-04-23 16:35:05 Success The message was successfully delivered to the application using connection MDM_http://sap.com/xi/MDMAdapter.

2010-04-23 16:35:05 Success The message status set to DLVD.

2010-04-23 16:35:18 Warning MDM acknowledgement: Import failed on Structural Exception

This warning is not reflecting back into adapter engine monitoring. Is this correct behavior as per design?

We want to send alerts from PI to outside e-mail distribution. Is there any process in sending alerts from PI other than using CCMS. We are using MDM 7.1 SP3

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Looks like my previous message is not clear.

Here is my observations:

1) No alerts are being triggered for communication channel which uses MDM adapter u201CMDMu201D, However, file adapter errors are getting triggered. For example, if I provide dummy MDM port in communication channel settings, this keeps track of log that incorrect port, however no alert is being triggered.

2) When there any exceptions in importing data to MDM, process log is showing as warning & error, but adapter monitoring is showing successful

3) Communication channel keeps track of MDM server availability and process log of communication is getting updated with results. However, they are not triggering alerts.

4) I triggered message from R3 to MDM, When message is failed in adapter engine due to incorrect communication channel settings, this triggers alert due to Adapter monitoring error set to u201CSystem Erroru201D

Basically, we want to send alerts even for MDM server unavailability , Import map deletion and import failures into MDM.

Edited by: sam robert on Apr 25, 2010 4:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I opened a message with SAP for this, their reply was that MDM Adapter triggers alert e-mails after SP4 until then even though you see errors in PI ,that might not trigger alerts.

One work around could be to specify Business service/system of MDM rather than given MDM Adapter in alert rule in PI. this atleast works in some cases but not all kinds of errors.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for the reply.

I also opened message to SAP to see why alerts are not triggered even for import exceptions. In my terms, this should have been basic requirement for MDM adapter design. Looks I am not the only one who is facing issue.

Thanks

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you're not the only one. We're working with this one as well and it is also something I don't understand. If the MDM adapter takes over the role of monitoring the message traffic until the message is imported into MDM and notices an exception on the way, then why is it not throwing an exception in the Adapter Engine? This doesn't make any sense to me and it is difficult to monitor. I had a similar issue with SAP in a WS-RM scenario for 7.1. In the end we stopped using the protocol, since it was not reliable enough (funny enough). I need the MDM adapter now, since I'd like to have messages sent in sequence to MDM, something the file adapter cannot guarantee. Does anybody have an answer or a solution to this?

Regards,

Jörg