cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change location of MaxDB Logfiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My mistake I created MaxDB logfiles in C:\sapdb\<sid>\saplog, during the installation.

Now how can I change the MaxDB logfile location to point to D:\sapdb\<sid>\saplog.

Will I have to do a recovery?

Thanks for help in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> My mistake I created MaxDB logfiles in C:sapdb<sid>saplog, during the installation.

>

> Now how can I change the MaxDB logfile location to point to D:sapdb<sid>saplog.

> Will I have to do a recovery?

Nope - but using the search functionality in SDN may save time and effort...

Check this one [Questions to SAP Support: "How to move MaxDB volumes?"|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11010] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars.

0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Eventually i am also running with the same issue. My log file location is under C:\ and i want to move it under D:\ drive.

Could you please provide the link to me?

Thanks,

Abhishek Joshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the existing logging configuration using a restore data with an integrated configuration change ( Recovery with Initialization).

Make sure you take a complete data backup.

Perfrom "Recovery with Initialization" and while doing the initialization, you will have an option to decide source of parameters.

Use the option "take parameters from backup" so your new DB will have the same old parameters. Now you can change the logging configuration according to your requirements.

Next screen, choose initialize for restore/recovery so you can then restore the database after it is initialized with new logging configuration.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Yashwanth