Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for SCM/APO in iPhone/Blackberry/Android

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I would like to know your personal needs currently that could be solved by an mobile application.

This application would be connected to a R/3 or APO backend system.

What scenarios you can think of that could be very helpful to you?

Examples:

- See the list of Sales Orders for a product.

- Open Pur. Order n. X to get vendor information.

- Check Stock information for a product.

What can you think of?

Points to be awarded to everybody that answers!

Thank you!

Will

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

- A list of the status of orders for a product-location (confirmed production)

- Definitely the stock information for a product

Rgrds,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Would (lets) assume iPhone folks need some info only on how good a business is APO making.. So my take would be more on

-Some measure of expected lost sales. may be some macro in DP/SNP. some limited dimensions of customers - products - time to be fixed. This would be approximate

-Some measure of Average cost of transportation/overruns. Assuming business was expecting deployment and load building to save on average shipping costs. This can again be with some macro.. but seems quite complicated to me. As actual shipments and freight costs would need to obtained from ECC.

-Some compsite mesaure of service level by some dimesions of customer product time.

-Demand Plan over runs.. excess inventory reports.. over decided base.

etc.. I think this poll would make best sense if you ask some SCM heads of some leading firms across industry verticals. Clearly totally different things are important to different firms. Coca firms are most interested in retail metics, steel makers would be more interested in how well PPDS is loading he resources and such.

Regards,

Loknath

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales Operations might find these helpful.

1. List of all Sales Orders orders Shipped but Not Invoiced by Sales Org/DistributionChannel/Division/Delivering Plant to give metrics to measure Invoicing performance.

2. List of Sales Orders that missed confirmed GI dates to give metrics on Shipment Performance.

2. Complete Product Availability Situation of a product at a location like standard transaction CO09.

3. List of Back Orders by Sales Org/Distribution Channel/Division/Plant.

regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will,

Some other scenarios that would help are

1) Daily/Weekly/Monthly requirements

2) List of any missing parts to meet the requirements

3) Business Key Performance Indicators

4) Key alerts

5) Plan Monitor

6) Job status

7) Process Chain monitor

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we have had a number of Business related suggestions. I have a few IT related suggestions.

1) Tracking the overall progress of a APO cycle viz., job status, idoc status etc.,

2) Application logs, system logs, error logs to be accessible remote on mobile so that experts can guide their team members from remote locations.

3) Process chains handling right out of mobile rather than having to log in to the systems.

Currently these are the ones I can think of.

Thanks

Mani

wilian_segatto
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Nice input!

Does any one else can think of a good idea?

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.List of open sales orders by customers, order line items which are not confirmed and not delivered. Reason may be product allocation or availability check.

2.List of incomplete sales orders, with reason eg. due to pricing, or shipping point

3. List of orders on credit hold by customers.

Thanks,

Pavan Verma