cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set maximal text length in an InputField?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to limit the max number of characters can be input in an InputField? We’ve set the “length” property of the InputField, but it didn’t work. It seems to be such an simple and stupid question but I really have no solution, can you guys help me out, thank you!

Regards,

Xiaoming Yang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello xiaoming yang,

This question has been answered many times in SDN. So, for quick fixes, always perform a search in SDN, before you post questions.

You may refer

Best regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala:

Thank you very much for your help. I've read the thread you suggested, but in my situation, the inputfield is bind to a context mapped to a bapi module. In java dictionary the simple type information can't be changed for such an bapi module type.

How to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Xiaoming Yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Xiaoming,

In such a case, you may change the length of the datatype in the RFC itself.

Regards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala:

Thanks for your replay, the really situation is:

The length of the datatype is 60, when I set 60 chinese characters through web dynpro to that field, it lost 30 chinese characters. So I want to restrict the input to 30 to ensure all user's input can be stored.

Thank you!

Xiaoming Yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

xiaoming,

This is wrong way to solve a problem.

Does your R/3 system Unicode enabled?

Does unicode version of JCo dll-s installed on WebAS Java?

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery:

Can you give me some more infomation on how to check if our WebAS have installed the unicode version of JCO?

Thank you!

Xiaoming Yang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Xiaoming yang,

The following are some tips that might be helpful for you.

1. If you want to make outbound RFC calls from a Unicode SAP system to a JCo server instance, the server must be set up using the additional server Property jco.server.unicode=1.

2. You also need to set the unicode option for your RFC destination in transaction SM59 (tab page MDMP_Unicode).

However, I recommend that you get a Basis guy involved in it for checking the settings/configs mentioned by Valery.

Bala