cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Shortcuts in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a user "Add to my favorites" a Crystal Report, it creates a shortcut to the report under their favorites. If I need to update the Crystal Report when I republish that same report, it gives the report a different report id number. It turns the shortcut into a blank sheet of paper and the connection to the shortcut is lost.

Is the client just out of luck or is there something that I can to re-establish the connection?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

I'm not seeing the behavior you are describing. Here's what I'm doing:

1) Create a Crystal Report

2) Save it to enterprise

3) In InfoView, organize and create a shortcut in my favorites

4) Edit the report in Crystal Reports and save it back to enterprise with the same name

5) I can then view the shortcut in InfoView

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cannot edit the from within either the CMC or Infoview, I have to edit them outside BO and then use the publishing wizard to post the reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm editing and saving back from Crystal Reports. Is that an option for you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see no option in either CMC or infoview that allows me to edit a crystal report. Does BO hold the files somewhear that I can access them once I publish them using the wizard.

(I apologize I am really new at this.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Crystal Reports, select File | Open | Enterprise (on the left). You can do the same to save back to Enterprise.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With XI3.1 (CRS 2008) there are no longer options to edit CR report in Infoview/CMC.

To edit report you have to use CR Designer and follow steps outlined by John M.

Edited by: Mario Quintana on Apr 28, 2010 3:53 PM

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jennifer,

Crystal Report is not web based tool that is why you cannot edit using CMC or InfoView instead you will have to install CR installed on your machine and then open it and edit it.

Under WebI we only edit WebI documents.

It is true you can save the same CR under your InfoView.

Once you publish you can not modify them from InfoView or WebI or the place where you publish your report.

Though you can convert unmanaged reports to managed reports using CMC and InfoView.

Why do you want to use CMC of InfoView to edit your report?

Here is Crystal Reports User Guide to have further study....

[http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/cr2008SP0/en/xi3_cr_usergde_en.pdf]

Regards,

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Crystal Reports XI on a pc and I am creating the report locally and then using the BO Publishing Wizard to publish the report into Infoview.

My issue is that when I have to edit a report I have to re-publish the report using the publishing wizard, when I do this any user generated shortcuts are now no longer valid and have to be deleted and re-created. Having a user have to recreate their shortcuts everytime a report is edited, will become an issue.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not have to use Publishing Wizard, after you created report, save it to Enterprise from CR Designer.

When you need to edit report - open report from Enterprise in CR Designer, then save it back to Enterprise.

This way shortcuts will continue to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I see what I was missing. Thanks to everyone.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you installed latest Service Pack and Fix Pack?

Bashir Awan